PDA

View Full Version : do angels make noise

Allmost
07/02/2010, 10:38 AM
hello all !

so I got a emperor angel fish !

wake up this morning to some noise, I thoght glass was being cracked, but I check everywhere and I think it was the angel !!! is that possible ?

what does he want? lol

he is still very shy and hasnt ate yet :(

I soak food in garlic, hopefully tonght it wil eat

there are tons of sponmges growing in the tank though for him to eat, and I drop alot of Zenia coral in there for him to munch on

AngelAddict
07/02/2010, 10:46 AM
Emperors grunt to show power/dominance, he might be saying he wants a bigger tank though,65g is way to small for an emperor.

trueperc
07/02/2010, 10:46 AM
Emperor and grunt very loud I can hear my guy at time on the floor above. Very normal. Not all angels do but emperors a big yes.

Allmost
07/02/2010, 10:52 AM
HAHAAH WOW how come I never heard of this !!!

yes I know 65 is too small for him, he is in my new 180 :D

the 65 is being re-cycled to house seahorses.

wow amazing, thanks guys :) as most of u can tell, I was flipping out trying to figure what is making that noise LOL

LisaD
07/02/2010, 10:57 AM
I have had many angels, my emperor is the the only one I ever heard grunt. Mine grunts when he is asserting dominance, usually chasing the blue face. For a long time, I thought my rocks were shifting.

Recty
07/02/2010, 11:34 AM
Did you put in new rock with your new tank? If you're hearing a glass cracking noise, it probably isnt a angel, they dont make sharp cracking noises but pistol or mantis shrimp sure will and those would come in on new rock.

Angels grunt, most of the bigger ones seem to do it. I had a queen, a blueface and an emperor that all were definitely grunters. The emperor had the deepest "voice" and then the blueface then the queen. It was cool, I added them one at a time so I was able to identify the new grunt and know which angel made which noise :)

SDguy
07/02/2010, 11:36 AM
I had a navarchus that would grunt. My blue angel never did. I always thought it was a Pomacanthus thing, but I guess not...

I have yet to hear it from my asfur or my meredithis.

MrTuskfish
07/02/2010, 01:19 PM
If you're still having a hard time getting him to eat; try meatier foods. Emperors may be considered "herbivores" but get a lot of meaty critters as they graze. Mysis, Spirulina loaded brine shrimp, or a freshly opened clam should get him eating.

Kahuna Tuna
07/02/2010, 06:22 PM
My emp, blueface, and current majestic were all very vocal. Of these three the emp was the loudest and did it the most consistantly.