PDA

View Full Version : 75 gallon tank build got a couple?s

Kham
07/02/2010, 08:02 PM
Ok going to do the glass holes kit. Should i do two 750 gph in each corner or just the 1500 in the center of tank?
Also should i go 6 or 8 bulb t5 setup? Mixing lps and sps.
Also what size sump should i use>
What is a good pump to use?

Thanks guys.

Mountain_Medic
07/02/2010, 10:19 PM
The more bulbs you have, the more you can mess with the configuration to get your color right. As big of a sump as you have room for!

phenom5
07/03/2010, 12:03 AM
Ok going to do the glass holes kit. Should i do two 750 gph in each corner or just the 1500 in the center of tank?

I would go with 2 of the 750's just for redundancy, but I wouldn't want anywhere near 1500gph moving through my sump.

Also should i go 6 or 8 bulb t5 setup?

Depends larggely on what your looking at. I'd go a 6 bulb quality fixture over an 8 bulb lesser quality fixture if that's the options. If you're looking at fixtures of equal quality, of course more is beeter. :D

Also what size sump should i use>

I have a 20g long as my sump on my 75. Works fine, and I still have room for my ATO, and to store some other stuff.

What is a good pump to use?

Thanks guys.

Depends on what you're looking for, but an eheim 1260 or mag 5 or 7 would work.

cpl40475
07/03/2010, 12:17 AM
Either or will work fine. You can always throttle back the return pump if needed. I did my 75 with a center overflow and the return line was split into two diff outputs VIA a T adapter. It really helped alot with water flow. As for the lights and sump as big of a sump as you can place under the stand if your going to place it under the stand. For lights I would think the a quality 6 bulb will put out more than enough light.
Return pump is this going to be external or internal? Same for Skimmer external or internal. reason for asking this is that a bigger pump could be used for both and help cut down on total power consumption and heat.

Kham
07/03/2010, 06:08 AM
I dont mind making everything external if its better. But i want everything under the stand.

What would be the best? Also heat issue would i need a chiller?

cpl40475
07/03/2010, 12:45 PM
Its possible to need a chiller. I didnt need one others have needed one. So if you can plumb a line in for future use of a chiller. Theres great external and internal equipment out there. It all ends up being what you can afford and what fits with in your stand.

Rybren
07/03/2010, 04:46 PM
I have a 4-bulb ATI Sunpower on my 75G. It puts out more than enough light for my mixed reef - I have no complaints.

Kham
07/04/2010, 07:27 AM
Also how many GPH a hour would i need for a pump? Would 700 gph be enough?