PDA

View Full Version : How to get rid of apteshia?????

bianjd
07/03/2010, 04:00 AM
Hello,
I was lookin for the best way to get these out of my tank i pulled about 5 out yesturday and there are no more visable but that dont always mean they arent there. I have a 120gal mixed reef with a fuge.

Thanks in advance

Jeremiah

hatemeyet
07/03/2010, 04:51 AM
Hi,

I battled this for awhile,peppermint shrimp and a butterfly fish is what worked for me.peppermints are fairly inexpensive so get as many as you can afford and your problem will be gone.

Eric the half-bee
07/03/2010, 08:08 AM
Jeremiah, do a search for aipstasia and you'll get a dozen threads or more that have dealt with this topic ad nauseam. I have a battle in my 400 gal and after trying several remedies, I've not won yet.

tmgrash
07/03/2010, 08:27 AM
I tried everything in my 240g and wasn't able to beat them until I got my copperband butterfly. The copperband is a great, beautiful fish and rids you of aptasia

bianjd
07/03/2010, 08:34 AM
Hello again,
Thanks for all the responses I will read some more on it I was planning on a butterfly fish but I did not know about peppermint shrimp. Thanks alot everyone i would have had better luck if i would have spelt it right HAHA

Jeremiah

olemiss reb
07/03/2010, 08:41 AM
You can also try a bristletail filefish also known as the aiptasia eating filefish. - http://www.bluezooaquatics.com/productDetail.asp?did=1&pid=534&cid=282 - They also show up occasionally in the divers den. How did you "pull them out"? Using tweezers or pliers will just cause them to spread.

noahm
07/03/2010, 09:17 AM
. Thanks alot everyone i would have had better luck if i would have spelt it right HAHA

Jeremiah

Don't feel bad, only olemiss has nailed it so far. :)