PDA

View Full Version : BRS's Reef saver or Marco's Key largo rocks?

tqpolo
07/03/2010, 12:19 PM
I'm starting a new tank from scratch. Which rocks are easier to make arches? Which is better in general?

DaytonaJoe
07/03/2010, 12:22 PM
You'll find that both are very popular choices. I went with BRS because they looked more porous to me, and I couldn't be happier with them in my tank. You can't go wrong either way, though.

dun2run
07/03/2010, 12:24 PM
Cant recommend Marco enough. I got a piece that was an arch. Probably a foot and a half long. Key largo rock is awesome. AND most of all its completely dry. No bad stuff what so ever, just rinse the dust off and you're ready. I think if you send them an email or call with what size you want they will normally try to get you just what you want.

lotekfish
07/03/2010, 01:07 PM
Don't know about the Marco rocks but I am very very pleased with my BRS reef saver rocks. I removed my most of my old clunky rocks and re-scaped with the BRS and my tank looks 200% better. Its very porous and after just a few months I'm now finding critters popping out of holes here and there

Ben_Im
07/03/2010, 01:17 PM
I just got 25lbs of Marco rock. The rock is A LOT heavier than I thought, but it makes your rock structures more stable since high flow is less likely to make things shift.

I'm really satisfied with my rock. I asked for bigger pieces and didn't receive anything smaller than ~3 lbs. They're really good with listening to your requests.