PDA

View Full Version : Wrasses questions?? please help!

brewski4u1
07/03/2010, 05:34 PM
so i'm looking to add one more fish to my 30gallon and wanted something with lots of color ! so i came up w/ 2 different wrasses

McCoskeri Fairy Wrasse

Carpenters Flasher Wrasse

my question is from people who have had them how are there temperaments i have 2 clowns in my tank and about 60lbs of LR so plenty of hiding room! and lots of corals from zoas to sps hopefully they will be ok says they are reef safe
also how well do they ship??? i'll be ordering them from a online store in fl and they offer free shipping if you live in fl ! soo any advise would help as well as this is my first mail order fish!

if you need more info just ask!

chimmike
07/03/2010, 05:53 PM
well, liveaquaria says the McCosker's minimum tank size should be 50g. So I'd cross that off the list http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+2648&pcatid=2648

And same with the Carpenter's flasher wrasse http://www.liveaquaria.com/product/prod_display.cfm?c=15+1378+329&pcatid=329

30g limits you quite a bit regarding what you can and can't have. I'm not sure I'd risk making the fish unhappy by introducing it into a relatively cramped environment, since you have 60lbs of LR in there.

brewski4u1
07/03/2010, 08:15 PM
So what would be some good options on a colorful fish for my tank

strike2867
07/03/2010, 10:21 PM
How about a Flame Angel?

HndMafia
07/03/2010, 10:36 PM
I think a flame angel would be a no in a 30...look at a c. argi or c. acanthops. Another really cool fish when you can find one is the Liopropoma Rubre, Swissguard basslet. I have a trio of c. argi and they are always out and inquisitive. I have a swissguard and while not out front and center, I wouldn't call my swissguard really shy either. Neither of my aforementioned fish ever cross paths with my 2 pairs of clowns.

brewski4u1
07/03/2010, 10:42 PM
the site i'm ordering from reefs2go com says that the McCoskeri Fairy Wrasse minimum tank size is 20 gallons

HndMafia
07/03/2010, 10:44 PM
I think a flame angel would be a no in a 30...look at a c. argi or c. acanthops. Another really cool fish when you can find one is the Liopropoma Rubre, Swissguard basslet. I have a trio of c. argi and they are always out and inquisitive. I have a swissguard and while not out front and center, I wouldn't call my swissguard really shy either. Neither of my aforementioned fish ever cross paths with my 2 pairs of clowns.