PDA

View Full Version : Things the kids next door bring home and want to put in your tank LOL

What The?
07/03/2010, 06:12 PM
As the title says, My neighbor's kids came to my house after going to the beach, and they were holding a conch shell. They asked if they could put it in my tank, To my surprise it was still alive ( horse conch snail ) all i could say no but i got a bucket and put him in it. They wanted to keep him but i tryed to get them to take it back but they wanted the shell so let me be the first he cooked up real nice and the kids kept the shell and their mother got dinner.............

Anyone have things like this happen to them and if so do tell.

chimmike
07/03/2010, 06:24 PM
it could've been a whelk, too, which could've wreaked havoc on your other snails!

Agu
07/03/2010, 07:15 PM
I have a propagation/junk tank that gets some of that stuff from the beach/ backwaters. I'm the person who collects it (with a valid fishing license).

Because we're really sub tropical rather than tropical my experience is that most critters collected locally don't survive long in our tropical tanks. However I have some of the biggest bristle worms you've ever seen in a ten gallon tank thanks to the local food introduced to the tank :spin3:.

vikubz
07/03/2010, 09:53 PM
I once talked to a guy who had a real nice tank until he went on vacation and his kids put in a crab they found on the beach.

What The?
07/04/2010, 07:25 PM
I once talked to a guy who had a real nice tank until he went on vacation and his kids put in a crab they found on the beach.

that sucks, but i wish i could set up a tank for the ghost crabs we have here.