PDA

View Full Version : Kalkwasser

ANC
07/03/2010, 06:59 PM
Ok so i'm still a little confused on how to dose kalkwasser...From what I have read hear and heard from others it sounds like I can just mix the kalkwasser with my top-off water and let it go. If I read the instructions on the container of kalk though it says that I'm only supposed to use the liquid in between certain layers. Please advise as I dont want to screw up anything with my tank. Thanks in advance.

biecacka
07/03/2010, 07:55 PM
that is true, you dont want to use the settled mixture at the bottom of the tank. also make sure the container is air tight
corey

The Punisher
07/03/2010, 08:06 PM
Yep, you don't want to use the settled out part. You can use kalwasser water for your top offs but you don't want to mix it up and just add it in. You'd need to make up some water with the kalwasser, let it settle, and use only the water, don't stir up the sediment on the bottom.

ANC
07/03/2010, 08:47 PM
so it sounds like what I want to do is use a separate container and just dose once or twice a day. I have an old 10 gal tank that I use to hold top off water so it's not exactly air tight.