PDA

View Full Version : OT do u think i paid too much

fragboy94
07/03/2010, 10:08 PM
i got the car about 1 month ago as a first car i paid $5,300

car 2000 dodge neon
miles 57,128
american racing rims tires have less than 1/4 tread
body modifications vis carbon fiber hood vis front spoiler body kit, side skirts, had a rear upgraded bumper till dad backed into a curb yay:( and rear spoiler then vynals on the side and 12 color l.e.d. underglow

internal four 7 inch lcd tvs, a touch screen radio panasonic i think, 4,500 watt memphis audio amplifier two 12 inch infinity subs

engine modifications a electric turbo

Trademark
07/03/2010, 10:18 PM
Why do you ask if you paid to much for it? Bottom line is if you like the car then the price was right. If you might want to sell in future it is pretty custom for one perticular customer base,, but I think its cool

fragboy94
07/03/2010, 10:20 PM
audio equipment

fragboy94
07/03/2010, 10:21 PM
yea but i just had some people say it was a horrible buy but i think it was a smart buy cause it has everything i need and i dont need to buy anything really

NotAPiscivore
07/03/2010, 10:59 PM
I think you just wanted to post pictures of your car! j/k :-) That's cool too! Well the way most people look at a car with mods is that unless there are significant performance mods like turbo or supercharger then it really doesn't add value to the car since they are subjective and no one expects to get the money they put into it back out. That said if the car is done to your taste and you trust the workmanship then your golden... especially if your time is worth something to you too... and you save the install headaches.

Also the car is old buy low mileage... you have to make a call on that too. Is that mileage on a rebuilt engine, crate motor etc. or true car miles. Also a heavily moded car may have been raced/tracked or abused. Just be careful.

Anyway my 2 cents.

fragboy94
07/03/2010, 11:08 PM
from what ive seen its been at alot of car shows around champaign from what my friends tell me hes never been at any of the local race spots like friar tuck in savoy for ex.. and he works for the police dept so i dont think hes been doing any of that or any real abuse. And it has original motor he says he never really drove it only to car shows and weekend driving.
but so far no bad noises or problems i did notice one of the windows is different from all the others. The passenger it has a different maker maby somone broke into it before but other than that nothing else catches my attention.

and andrew calm down cause i know your going say get a full inspection on it i will eventually maby, cause from what my insurence guy told me is that they're abt 100 bucks or so.

aykim2188
07/04/2010, 12:57 AM
i still don't see how you can buy a used car w/o it being fully inspected. i mean you really don't know the history of the car.

$100 is nothing compared to you finding something seriously wrong with the car. its a precautionary measure.

medic29
07/05/2010, 07:07 AM
I've always said this.....SOMETHING is only worth what SOMEONE is willing to pay for it. So if the car was worth what you paid for it to you, then it was a good deal...for you. For someone else, it may not be worth $10, for someone else it may be worth way more than what you paid for it. This really is a personal issue. There are several things I look at and decide if it is worth the amount the person is asking to me.

I even take this philosophy into this hobby, is a certain coral frag worth what the person is asking, is it worth that much to me, if not, I pass or try to negotiate a price.

Be confident in your decision and don't worry what someone else is saying. The goal isn't to impress others, but be happy with what you have; I'm thinking you didn't buy this for someone else, but rather for yourself. :)

fragboy94
07/05/2010, 08:32 AM
Yep what u said sounds abt right

llewoh05
07/05/2010, 09:12 AM
make sure you get the timing belt replaced in the next 30k miles or so. Neons are horrendous for broken belts and when that happens the motor internals seperate and have a tendency to bounce into eachother. trust me its not really a good thing.

Otherwise, nice car. Lots of kool gadgets.

Sloeber
07/05/2010, 10:15 AM
Like medic says, it's worth what you feel it was worth paying for it. At the time, it was priced correctly for you.

That said, if you were to list the car for sale today at the price you bought it, I think you'd have a very hard time finding a buyer.

syrinx
07/05/2010, 10:51 AM
+ 1 on timing belt. I agree that a fair price is where everyone is happy.

fragboy94
07/05/2010, 12:20 PM
hmm very wise words from every one thanks and will definetly look into a new belt sometime soon to be safe