PDA

View Full Version : frogspawn Qs

Ethan_W
07/03/2010, 10:52 PM
i picked up a small head of frogspawn 2 days ago (size of a half dollar). it opened up after about 45 min of being in the tank. when i was putting it in i tried to glue it to a rock, but i didnt have enough glue and its foot is about 3 inches long. needless to say it was top heavy.

so i wedged it inbetween 2 rocks. my question is should i glue it to a rock? and if i dont will it eventually attach itself to a rock? also will it grow without being attached?

thanks!

pluschinatown
07/04/2010, 08:45 AM
The frogspawn cannot attach itself to anything, but you can use a 2 part epoxy stick and epoxy it to your desired rock, so it doesn't fall.

Dustin1300
07/05/2010, 07:25 PM
Personally I do not like to glue them as I can easily wedge a branch in rock and move around. Also makes for easier fragging once the branches branch out. My hammer started out with 2 heads and I'm up to about 20 right now but broke off 5+ branches for a trade recently. Frogspawn has been slower to grow for some reason but lost all but one head at one point when it was battling with another coral. Luckily I discovered it and saved one head which is only two heads now:(

Nanook
07/06/2010, 12:44 PM
The frogspawn is actually an LPS (large polyped stony) coral, so I moved it into this forum for you.

stevejrnc
07/06/2010, 12:58 PM
wedged in place is most common

outy
07/06/2010, 01:17 PM
this is what ive been doing with much success

you take a battery powered drill or screwdriver with a drill bit and drill a small hole and install a 1"-2" piece of small carbon fiber tube in it and super glue it in place. simple to do and you can keep the head submerged in a glass of tank water.

you can now take a small drill that goes in a small ratcheting screwdriver and small holes drill very easy in the LR

I have wedged for years and it sucks accidently bumping them and having them fall.