PDA

View Full Version : acan help

kkil4life
07/04/2010, 01:12 AM
Hi guys, I need some help with a new acan I got
the acan arrived at the lfs a day before I got it, and it looked all opened up and fleshy, but when I was taking it home, I think the bag kinda leaked, and it was in very little water, but enought to keep it submerged.

I temp acclimated it, then I dripped tank water into the bag.
thru all of this, its not showing any PE at all, and has receded back into its skelleton. in fact the skeleton is now showing a bit and its not fleshy or anything.
its still has its full colors and has not bleached.
I have moved it to a spot with medium flow and low light.
its been 2 days and still nothing.
what should I do?

pluschinatown
07/04/2010, 08:29 AM
Maybe something is wrong with your water parameters. What is your Ca, Kh, pH, Salinity,Mg, and Temperature.

Reef Bass
07/04/2010, 01:58 PM
Also check it at night when it's been dark for a couple hours. You may well be surprised by what you see.

kkil4life
07/04/2010, 02:04 PM
reef bass what do u mean??

kkil4life
07/04/2010, 02:22 PM
Also check it at night when it's been dark for a couple hours. You may well be surprised by what you see.

just checked, lights have been out for a few hours, and I see that its now showing flesh, and the skeleton is covered.
I think I need to give it some more time to recover from shipping stress.
any tips for helping it recover?

firsttank
07/04/2010, 05:01 PM
just checked, lights have been out for a few hours, and I see that its now showing flesh, and the skeleton is covered.
I think I need to give it some more time to recover from shipping stress.
any tips for helping it recover?

Yes, keep it in low flow, feed it mysis at night when the feeders are out. Low light will also help it. I am sure it will recover. Make sure your alk and calcium stay stable.

Reef Bass
07/07/2010, 08:40 PM
Sorry I never got any notifications of any replies to this thread.

What I meant by that is acans often are active at night, meaning lots of polyp and tentacle extension in search of food.