PDA

View Full Version : Tunze 6205 & 6305 stops working after 1 day

sugartooth
07/04/2010, 08:23 AM
Hello Roger,

I have been having recurring problems with both of these in a large tank. I plug them in and they run normally, I come back the next day and one or the other are off and don't work if I unplug and then plug.

One of them does not work no matter which circuit I plug into. The light on the battery is red. The other one, I've left off for a couple of weeks and decided to try again. It worked, and then stopped working the next day.

During testing, it starts and then stops. If we keep turning it on and off quickly it eventually starts.

- I have a second 6305 in another tank that does this if I keep it on 100%. I use the multicontroller at 50% and it runs without problem.

- I also have another multicontroller (separate system) that keeps resetting after pushing the feed button.

Should I send these in to get looked at? Do I need a ticket number?

Thank you

rvitko
07/05/2010, 08:03 AM
Yes, send them in, please just include a note about the problem and your return address. The note is very important as it won't show immediately so I need to know to test for a longer term. It could be an electrical problem but it could also be a problem with the drive unit being worn, defective or partially seized by calcium.

Tunze USA
305 Victor St
Austin, TX 78753

sugartooth
07/05/2010, 08:18 AM
Thank you Roger,
Do I need to include the AC adapter or just the pumps?

Thanks again!

rvitko
07/05/2010, 08:23 AM
I would, it is rare but sometimes these can be the cause of the problem.