PDA

View Full Version : Feather Calupera issue. Foxface not good

KMB
07/04/2010, 08:45 AM
Seems one of my frags I bought had some on it. Now it is popping up everywhere. I had a yellow mimic tang but he did not touch the stuff. I bought a bicolor foxface and he will barely touch the stuff . Problem is he beat to death the yellow mimic tang and now he has deceided that hairy sps corals are a nice snack. I am in the process of catching him but due to rock work it is not working as planned. Once I get him out I need to find something to eat this stuff. My local fish store can order me about anything so I need some help on picking something that would work.

KMB
07/05/2010, 07:05 AM
bump

sunil6784
07/05/2010, 07:10 AM
I would bring some of the caulerpa to the LFS and ask if you could put it in a tank with the usual recommendations... rabbitfish, tangs, etc. Then buy the fish that does eat it.

MJT82
07/05/2010, 07:36 AM
I had good luck with just a plain ol' yellow tang and a one-spot foxface... That combined with exhaustive manual removal to keep it trimmed back.

SkyPapa
07/05/2010, 09:26 AM
Never had a bi color foxface but I have had a few one spot foxfaces and every one has eradicated any macro I have tried including wild macros from local waters.
I have never had any feather caulerpa but I can't see why it would be different.
(Are there fish toxic macroalgaes?)

Good luck.