PDA

View Full Version : Pogada and Colt Problems?

MSBeavis11
07/04/2010, 06:28 PM
I was out of town for 2 days and I came home to what seems like my Pogoda and Colt deteriating. What do you guys think?

Orange colored Pagoda turing yellow on top and also noticed some white spots toward the bottom.

Colt has a few areas of darkening and is not quite as open as it usually is.

160 gallon tank
I have good flow MP40 and Kor 4
3 250w/MH
Temp 81.2
PH 82
Amm, Nitrate, Nitrite all at 0
Calcium 420
Phosphate 0

Not sure what is wrong, I did notice when I got back in town from the APEX logs that the temp had been hovering pretty close to 82 all day and night. Usually only has a high of 81 and drops to 79 overnight.

Avi
07/04/2010, 08:12 PM
While it is turbinaria sp., I'd call it "Scroll" rather than Pagoda, which is another kind of turbinaria, I'd say that there is something wrong. It's hard to say, since your water tests so nicely. I'd increase the flow if you can and do some water changes.

kingfisher62
07/05/2010, 06:56 PM
Some of my corals are suffering from the heat, especially my pagoda. The temp of 81.5 was cooler than my tank but it is still a little high. what temp do you usually shoot for?

MSBeavis11
07/06/2010, 01:43 PM
kingfisher62, i usually shoot for around 80-81.

Since I have been back the Pogoda (or Scroll) Coral seems to be doing quite well again. The colt seems to be deteriating rather quickly. It has goo coming all off of half of it. Im debating on what to do with it as I heard that the goo could hurt my other corals. Im thinking I might cut off all the branches that are suspect but I really dont know at the moment.