PDA

View Full Version : What is on my clown?

ka2zesmi786
07/04/2010, 07:01 PM
hi, my cousin has an issue with his clown fish. he sent me a picture and said it looks like the fish is peeling. any help with this?

shifty51008
07/04/2010, 07:12 PM
looks like Brooklynella aka clownfish Disease. look it up and start treatment asap if you agree that is what it is. good luck

Percula9
07/04/2010, 07:58 PM
Brooklynella a definite possibility. Treat with formalin and malachite green. It will not respond to copper if it is clown fish disease. Ich will look like salt grains. Brooklynella is characterized by white blotches and stringy material hanging off the body.

steelhead77
07/04/2010, 08:06 PM
Yes, that looks like Brooklynella. You have to act fast or the fish will die. Get the fish into a hospital tank ASAP and treat with a freshwater dip and then treat with Formalyn in the hospital tank. Be sure to follow the directions on the bottle carefully. Use an airstone to oxygenate the water when using Formalyn. Unlike ich, this WILL kill your fish if not treated immediately. It is equivalent to 3rd degree burns on a human. I had a perc that had it over 1 and a half years ago. I was a newbie at the time and I was able to successfully treat her and she is still alive and well today.

Good Luck.