PDA

View Full Version : Cadlights funky cube build, would you use this?

sugartooth
07/04/2010, 08:02 PM
Hello,
I purchased a couple of cubes from Ocean Reeflections made by Cadlights. The problem is, it was last year.
I haven't used the cubes because I've been waiting on some custom cabinetry to be finished . It is now going to be sent to be stained so I figured I better get the cubes out of the basement and get ready.

I took the cubes to get black background put on them, during this process I noticed one of the cubes was made funny.

The bottom was not evenly put together, meaning the front of the tank was flush with the side panels and sits on a flat surface. However, the back part of the tank was NOT flush, and the bottom pane was glued about above the edge of the side panels. So the tank is actually sitting on the edges of the side glass and not the bottom pane. Is this going to stress the tank or it should be okay?
The top of the tank is crooked also, only slightly so.

I am hesitant to use this tank, but it's brand new (but I purchased last year) and I paid quite a bit for this tank. I don't want to use this if it will break, it is being tied to expensive cabinetry and about 360 gallons total water volume.

I asked Ken at Ocean Reeflections, and he very quickly responded. Unfortunately, they don't work with Cadlights any more and I would have to deal with them directly. I did email them, but don't expect them to do anything given this was last year. Also, when I first got them in, I noted to Ken that the seams and glass edges were a bit messy, not quite the build I was expecting given their good reviews. I did not look on the bottom, I took them out and put them in the basement.

Anyone else with this experience on the quality of the build? Is it okay to use?

There is a difference from left to the right side. So it's not even left to right or front-back.

Here are pictures of all corners, plus near the overflow hole to show it's in the back:

front right:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4114/4762576692_4b1ac3db19_b.jpg

front left perfectly flush:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4135/4761941955_1e7889cac3_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4116/4761940867_03a0257fb7_b.jpg

back left :
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4097/4762576244_7006baaedd_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4115/4761940643_6bfc71b767_b.jpg

back right:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4078/4761941295_49c9aa1677_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4141/4762575672_d3bb6aa53a_b.jpg

Back center, near overflow drain hole to show indent:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4078/4762575416_d5f4ee78c8_b.jpg

Thanks for any advice/input.

sugartooth
07/05/2010, 07:52 AM
Here are pictures to show what the seams look like. I really didn't expect this look especially when I heard good reviews about their quality.

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2575/3673983818_f308d942b6_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2555/3673306991_a14508e880_b.jpg

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2438/3673173589_240591e9d4_b.jpg

sugartooth
07/05/2010, 08:09 AM
Some closeups of the seams at the corners:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4763463589_ea6db478e5_b.jpg

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4074/4763463489_bcbbd12c9b_b.jpg

chrishet
07/05/2010, 10:25 AM
doesn't look like Cad quality to me...I would be hesitant myself to use a tank that did not have good seams...

fatrip
07/05/2010, 07:58 PM
i agree, my cad had very good seams, it doesn't look like there quality at all. Did it come in a CADLIGHTS box? I wouldnt use a tank that had seams like that, I would have the worst heart burn from anxiety.

sugartooth
07/05/2010, 08:25 PM
Thanks for your input. Yes, I was a bit disappointed because it wasn't what I was expecting (especially for the price) but when I mailed Ken the pictures after I mentioned the seams, he did relay my dissatisfaction to Cadlights. That's all I heard.

As for the packing and boxes, the boxes they came in were the ones you see in the picture outside of the garage.

I did get a prompt response from Cadlights, and they commented that the seams look water tight and should function just fine. I asked again about the bottom being uneven, so I hope the answer will be yes, it will be fine.

If they say it will perform well, then I will have to use these. I think I paid almost the price of artisan 50 for each of these......bummer.

Maybe I should send them a link to this thread too?

chrishet
07/05/2010, 08:49 PM
yes...send them the link. My experience with Cad has been very possitive and I think they would want to see thread and react as they think approapriate. As long as you are reasonable they should be as well. Good luck

fatrip
07/05/2010, 08:51 PM
do it it couldnt hurt. I would put water in them outside or in your garage if you have a drain. I would personlly test for a week or two before i would even try to consider them to be "water tight" because they don't look like it to me. esp with an uneven bottom, the pressure will surly weeken a seam.

sugartooth
07/06/2010, 08:23 AM
Thank you chrishet and fatrip. I emailed them with a link to this thread explaining that I started this around the time Ken had advised that they no longer work with Cadlights.

So far, I'm encouraged that they responded so quickly and looked over my pictures.
I sent another picture of my cabinet that is almost finished, noting how nervous I am because of the investment.

I'm hoping for a positive outcome. I want to be able to use the tank as is, since it's new and would be such a waste. At the same time, I feel uncertain, as you all have noted you would too.

kaserpick
07/06/2010, 08:40 AM
I'm a little surprised, myself. Coming from Cadlights, I would have expected a lot better quality control. I'm also surprised they aren't a little ashamed of that work. Perhaps their response will be a good one. I'd definitely push for a replacement. You paid good money for that name; you should receive a quality product.

Synergy
07/06/2010, 09:54 AM
The tanks I have seen at meijer and walmart have better seams than that. If you are not satisfied with the quality, get a refund or a replacement tank. There is no reason you should use the tank if you are not 100% satisfied and considering you started this thread I would say your not.

I don't see how any company could stand behind that craftsmanship. Even if it is water tight, aesthetics must also be considered. Good luck and hope everything works out for you.

evsalty
07/06/2010, 10:02 AM
If they tell you that you to use them I would personally cut out that HORRIBLE silicone and redo it properly. That looks like a 5 yo sealed it.

Ycore
07/06/2010, 10:13 AM
I have the exact same tank, CAD 50G Artisan, and I can tell you my seams don't look anything like that. Everything lines up and their is no extra goopy silicone like on yours. Honestly that silicone job looks awful. That being said, I love the tank quality, however the rest of the stuff I bought from CAD lacked quality and/or fit and finish and was eventually replaced except for my BM skimmer.

sugartooth
07/06/2010, 10:21 AM
kaserpick: Thanks for your input. After I mentioned to Ken after receipt and did not get any offer to resolve it further, I didn't push it. I figured if I asked for a replacement I would be responsible for shipping most likely, and at that time if they didn't think it was a big deal, then maybe I'm overreacting?

As you said, they are new and I paid to get these in.....however it was a year ago. My cabinet build hit many bumps and took this long to complete.

After getting the response that Ocean Reeflections no longer works with Cadlights, as well as 1 year warranty (even though it's not used), I didn't think that Cadlights would really bother with me.

That's why I started the thread, to see if the tank is still solid enough to use, even though it's a bit off.

Synergy and Evsalty: After realizing the bottom is not flush, that's when I really reconsidered using these tanks.

I kind of just took for granted that these tanks were flush, and I didn't carry them both to the basement. I only realized it when I carried them out of the basement and my hand felt underneath.

I'm happy at this point that Cadlights responded to my original emails and pictures. I hope I'm able to use these with confidence after their assessment.

As for the silicone.... yes, I do plan to trim it a bit to even them out.

sugartooth
07/06/2010, 10:25 AM
Ycore: Yes, I went to their website and saw their Artisan. I think they weren't available when I ordered mine, or for some reason I didn't go with them. Mine was custom done and not 24 x 24. However, I did take a look at their custom page and noticed the seams seem larger than in their catalog pictures.

evsalty
07/06/2010, 10:28 AM
Call this a LEASON LEARNED and for now on ALWAYS ALWAYS inspect everything you receive via shpment ASAP not one year later. Heck if I buy in a store I will pull it out of the box before I pay for it.

sugartooth
07/06/2010, 11:17 AM
evsalty: You are absolutely right. I am claiming my part of the responsibility and trying to figure out how to make the best out of this situation.

Unfortunately, I didn't put as much focus on these tanks as I did dealing with the cabinetry and large tank at the time. I hit a number of bumps where I had to change the woodworker I chose and then dealt with the engineering, reinforce the floor, and then some delay with the execution of the cabinetry due to a number of things not in my control. I was also trying to get my large tank done at the same time that is part of this build.

So, yes, I would say I did not pay as much attention to the tanks I had 'in hand' and focused mainly on making sure all the other components will arrive in a timely manner. Which also didn't happen!

fatrip
07/06/2010, 01:15 PM
Not to pry but you have got my interest, Can we see a pic of the cabinet some time? :)

geo
07/06/2010, 02:18 PM
[moved]...

sugartooth
07/06/2010, 07:17 PM
fatrip: Sure thing, I will pm you the link to the current pic....

sugartooth
07/09/2010, 08:40 PM
Well, there is really no acknowledgement from Cadlights other than it's been tested to be water tight at the time of purchase.
I have asked people in my local forum if they've had experience with uneven tanks.....

Unfortunately, I may have to purchase two new cubes if I cannot trust these. *ouch*

Roman Ogee
07/10/2010, 10:26 AM
Wow. That is terrible. I'm sorry they sent you such poorly constructed tanks.

A fellow reefer got a large tank from GC with an uneven bottom, but the bottom was lower than the sides. Not tucked up like yours. It was filled and has been running for a few years now. Your problem is a little different though.

Even though the silicone alone should be able to hold that bottom panel in place, I would not feel comfortable with the side panels sitting lower than the bottom. Especially after spending the cash on a "quality tank" and getting that. I'm sorry, but I don't see quality there. Especially with those seals. That's a little ridiculous. Like someone had mentioned, Wal-Mart's tanks have better/cleaner seals than that. Its nice that they sent you some silicone, but there is no reason why you the customer should have to reseal a brand new tank.

WWiley
07/10/2010, 01:26 PM
Might be ok as long as they are on thick foam. Thats some sloppy workmanship but after year good luck with that.

fihsboy
07/10/2010, 01:39 PM
In all honesty....I would A) resilicon it myself.......or B) find a local reefer that has done it before and ask for there help. I wouldn't buy another....because then the tank builder wins...they just sold another two tanks. Just number your sides and remember how to put it back together. clean your edges and start from scratch. I have seen it done a few times to replace tempered panels...I would say thats your best option......I personally would not invest thousands into corals/equipment/time into a tank thats just going to bust. Note to self.......dont buy Cadlights products...

sugartooth
07/10/2010, 02:54 PM
WWiley and fihsboy: Thanks for your input. I too was thinking maybe someone could re-do this for me and at least save these tanks.

I just came home from the LFS (that's been involved in my upgrade) and I brought one of the cubes in to show him and to get his assessment.

Well, it turns out the whole tank is uneven! Not only bottom from front to back, left to right, but also up and down. For some reason a bit of the glass seam is indented at the top, and then flush at the bottom, and twisted for lack of a better description.

At first, he said the bottom should be alright to use if it was in his shop and he could keep an eye on it all the time......until he saw that it wasn't square from top to bottom as well.

He also noted that the overflow box was not even either, one end was higher than the other. Also, they used 1/16" acrylic for the overflow, not something that would hold up over the long run. He took a look at their holes and there were chips coming off the holes as well.....

No way would he put that in my nice cabinet where I wouldn't be able to access all around.

Yes, this was oversight on my part, but I also feel like I didn't build it this way. So whether or not it was the first week or now, it's still put together the same. But like WWiley said, good luck with that.......they are not acknowledging that it's built wonky.

Right now, I have requested to go ahead and get a quote from A.G.E.. They built the large tank that was going in the middle of these two cubes and haven't shipped it yet (they've been waiting for me to finish this cabinetry) and then get all 3 shipped at once.

Thanks again everyone so far for your input. I realize now just how badly this was put together and I should have been tougher in the beginning.

Johnny C
07/10/2010, 07:53 PM
I had a similar situation with Cadlights and the outcome wasn't great to say the least. Needless to say they lost my business!

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. The tank has great dimensions and it sounds like you are spending some quality time on the stand. Is there anyone locally (hobbyist or LFS) that does glass work? I don't think it would be difficult to redo it, the hard part is making the silicone look pretty. Good luck!

fihsboy
07/10/2010, 09:19 PM
If they keep up this quality and customer service......they wont be in business in a year.....thats rediculous. "steps on soap box" Any company that wont stand behind a product and replace a product because of poor craftsmenship on there part is not a company that will last long. The sad part is you are going to suffer financially for a tank because of there bad business skills. I dont think they realize theres thousands of people that see Reef central.....and this is by far a fairytale about there company.......more like a nightmare. All I can say is im glad that its not my company....I would be ashamed. "steps off soap box"

snowriderz
07/13/2010, 10:12 AM
I've delat with them for 2 years already and have recommended many of my friends there as well. all of us are very happy with everything they did for us. they are super helpful with any problems, issues or even just general questions on the tank. sometimes they get super busy but before the days over i always get a reply email or many times a call back if i leave my #. ive delat with many companies in the aquarium industry and others industries and their service, professionalism and just general concern for the customer and their product is really better than most i have seen.

Im not saying that this is a good tank or anything, but it being 1 and a 1/2 years ago really doesnt accurately apply to the stuff they are chruning out Now. esspecially with all the really nice stuff you are seeing on this forum like the 39G Signature that i have, 50G Artisan tanks, 39G Pros, 22G, all those big nice Custom tanks they are building.

you ever try asking them what you would want them to do with the tank asides from just asking them if it will hold water with no problem? ive always bought and dealt with them directly, so did many of the people i seen here. maybe thats a difference.

sugartooth
07/13/2010, 01:55 PM
JohnnyC: Thanks for your input as well. I'm sorry about your experience too. Another in our local forum wasn't too pleased with their's as well. I don't know of anyone I can take it to locally to re-do it, but definitely want to consider it.....at least for a QT.

Snowriderz: Yes, it was exactly a year ago. I acknowledge my oversight, but they do not acknowledge anything except that the seams appear to be water tight. They did not comment on the appearance or acknowledge the bottom is uneven after pictures were sent.

As for the signature series that they have out, they've been out for at least a year so I would expect their build to be consistent whether it's one year ago or 1 month ago. I contemplated getting the Pro series before opting for custom. You have been working with them for 2 years, so you bear witness that they've been consistent for the 2 years........which would indicate that if mine are not truly representative of their work, then they should acknowledge it.

How should I expect that they would arrange for refund or exchange if they don't respond to my original question on the integrity of the build?
I don't think I'm wrong to ask if the tank will hold up given the bottom is not flush. That was before I took it to the LFS and found the other 'flaws'. I've made up my mind at that point I'm not using them.

So, I hope if there is a positive to come out of this, it's to show others what to look for when they get any new tank.

sugartooth
07/13/2010, 02:25 PM
Update- Shortly after the last post I received an email from the sales manager. He responded very kindly and addressed my concerns. He was understanding and I hope that he can see that I felt snubbed due to lack of response.

I'm very happy that he responded, however I don't think it will change my outcome.

Thanks again everyone for your advice, it was all helpful and I feel comfortable to continue my build.

Johnny C
07/13/2010, 04:33 PM
Please keep us updated on the outcome of this situation. It's very obvious that the tank wasn't built properly and hopefully they'll come through for you!

clayw
07/13/2010, 06:45 PM
Hey Kathy,
check your email =]

sugartooth
07/13/2010, 08:48 PM
JohnnyC: Thanks for your support! I didn't realize that anyone would want to know the outcome past my last post, I guess mainly because I felt like I got my answer to my original question if I should/could put those cubes in my cabinet long term.

I will continue to provide updates.

What put a smile on my face is that Cadlights have re-reviewed my pictures and decided to offer me another opportunity to get the cube I want as a replacement. This was also with the reassurance that the original cube is still built strong enough to be used with confidence.

fatrip
07/19/2010, 11:15 PM
Any update? Did you end up getting the replacement cubes?

JeF4y
07/20/2010, 11:48 AM
Sucks, but $kk spent now is better and cheaper than spending it later on a new tank and then 5x the amount in water damage... +300 gallons of water is a freaking flood...

Floowid
07/20/2010, 01:55 PM
Sounds like you already ordered replacement cubes from the builder of your big tank. I don't think there is anything Cadlights could do for you now. I do think it is a good move looking elsewhere for a quality tank. I have never seen one built so poorly. The fact that Cadlights ever let this thing past their quality control is enough to turn me away for good.

sugartooth
07/20/2010, 10:40 PM
Thanks for asking, yes I did go ahead and get quotes to order from the manufacturer of the big tank. I really wasn't expecting Cadlights to do anything, but the sales manager was pushing internally to get a replacement tank.

I talked to him for a little while, and they also don't know how this tank got through their inspection process. During our conversation, I realized that maybe communication may not have been properly relayed to them since I purchased through a third party. Just after I bought my cubes, the current sales manager took over and had made some changes since. So, he was not familiar with my purchase.

I also told him that his offer to replace the tank was great, however, I have reservations about going with them again. Those two tanks kind of turned me off to trying again.

Another reason I was hesitant was because I had a pair of cubes, so while replacing one is better than none.......I would still feel like I should get 2 made from another manufacturer because I didn't want one that was new and improved and one original cube being used.

With assurance that the cubes will be made very well and look nice, he offered to replace both of my cubes. I accepted and called off my order. I hope it turns out as nicely made as other Cadlights owners.

As I mentioned, I really didn't expect this and was ready to order another 2 cubes-so I'm really happy that they did this.

I also want to thank everyone that provided input because it was very helpful and I feel more confident now going ahead with my upgrade.

DannyHennig
07/20/2010, 11:40 PM
Two new cubes! That certainly going above and beyond. Nice one Cadlights :dance:

WhoDey64
07/21/2010, 05:52 AM
I am glad they stepped up and did the right thing, but kind of shocked to see that work come from a custom builder.

fatrip
07/21/2010, 10:14 AM
Now that is the CAD lights I know and have ordered from in the past. I am very glad to see this because there respectability wasn't going up in the beginning of this thread. thanks for the update.

philosophish
07/21/2010, 12:13 PM
whew,

kudos to cadlights, they just might have saved quite a few orders. We were just about settled on purchasing a tank or two before spotting this thread. Im sure my family and I are not the only ones relieved that cadlights has proven to be a stand-up company. :thumbsup:

Sugartooth, please post a picture of that custom cabinet. Sounds like its going to hold 3 tanks?

JeF4y
07/21/2010, 01:14 PM
Glad to hear that. It's awesome to hear a company stand behind its products like it did here. They easily could have told you no, and rightfully so (being a 3rd party purchase, age, etc), but they stood up and made it right.

Very cool... Looking forward to seeing pics of the setup!

lowlt
07/21/2010, 06:09 PM
I'm happy to hear they are replacing it! I've had my eyes on the 50G myself. Don't jump on me about this, just an idea of what might have happened. I wonder if the 3rd party company broke the tank and fixed it themselves. Just sayin.........

Lets us know how the new tanks look....I will be watching the thread to see how they turn out.

lovetoreef
07/22/2010, 08:33 AM
way to go Cadlights ... and kudos to your sir for remaining polite and giving them an opportunity to remedy the situation!

sugartooth
07/22/2010, 09:00 PM
Thanks again everybody! I didn't realize that people were interested to see the outcome of this. I am really happy too about their offer, it kind of made me want to believe everything will turn out okay after all.

They really don't know how those tanks got past their doors and to me, I'm very happy that they agree it doesn't look built properly. Especially since I was taking a chance to put them into my upgrade. However, it was stated that it should still hold water.
I also think this experience helps me (and hopefully others) for future purchases - how to go about examining your tank and the best route to take if you are not satisfied. In this case, it would have been better to purchase directly from Cadlights and inform them directly after receiving the tanks.

lowlt: I don't think anyone would jump on you for that thought. I too, thought maybe something got mixed up with the dealer? The problem is, if they fixed it, that wouldn't explain the overflow box, which was 1/16" thick and shorter on one side vs. the other.
Who knows, there is no way of knowing exactly what happened after my initial complaint.

philosophish: I will message you and show you a picture of the current status of my cabinet. It's Tansu inspired and will be 12 feet long.

lovetoreef: Thank you very much. That means a lot to me, I was a little worried when the thread started to go in a different direction because it really wasn't my intention. I think maybe all of the people that wrote in this thread contributed to them re-examining the pictures and my situation.

I will definitely post pictures of the improved cubes after receipt. It should be about a couple of weeks.

fatrip
07/22/2010, 10:37 PM
Very cool glad to see everything turned out in the end.

sugartooth
08/21/2010, 03:24 PM
Recieved the tanks! Overall, there was marked improvement compared to the original. Bad thing is that it looks like Fedex mishandled one of the boxes, there was damage on the outside of the box, and the top corner of the glass was chipped. I sent pictures to Cadlights.
Sorry that the images aren't more clear, I'm using a temporary camera....

Right away, you can tell it's much cleaner than the original:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4077/4913683087_6052f454a7_b.jpg

OLD SEAM:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4137/4914287134_cde057563d_b.jpg

NEW SEAM:
http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4094/4914287264_2304e59059_b.jpg

OLD:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4097/4913684739_6e4108e272_b.jpg

NEW:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4117/4913686043_98fc8926f5_b.jpg

OLD:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4123/4914287778_ae3d6e0767_b.jpg

NEW:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4081/4914288416_866f877c2e_b.jpg

sugartooth
08/21/2010, 03:28 PM
NEW:

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4116/4913683867_e20c8af00d_b.jpg

You get the idea.......
I'm feeling much better about using these and will start the build this Labor Day weekend!

A very big thank you to Cadlights and thank you to people that contributed to this thread.

snowriderz
08/25/2010, 08:25 PM
awesome tank and even awesome service. I KNEW they wouldnt let you down. cant wait to see your tanks set up!

fatrip
08/25/2010, 08:32 PM
looking much better. glad everything worked out. can't wait to see it done.

TriNewbie24
08/25/2010, 08:55 PM
Huge difference! Looks good, cant wait to see 'em setup.

ChrisBuono
09/01/2010, 07:52 PM
I just got my CADLights 50g Artisan shipment today. I think I have buyer's remorse. :( Most obvious is that it was missing the PC light strip for the refugium, and the lamp tree was severely bent. While FedEx can be blamed for the latter, it was shipped without any type of box or other protection. The tank itself looks to be in good shape, but I'm now suspicious of the starfire glass. Looks pretty green to me. Is there a difference between starphire and starfire?

fatrip
09/01/2010, 09:39 PM
Yes starphire is lead free, low iron glass and starfire is a comic.

ChrisBuono
09/02/2010, 07:14 AM
Hmmm... Perhaps someone from CADLights can chime in to fully explain their Starfire (NOT Starphire) glass.

fatrip
09/02/2010, 08:02 AM
I was looking at their site and have come to this conclusion. Starphire is a trade mark of a company who makes lead free low iron glass, like Plexiglass is a trade mark of a company that makes Poly(methyl methacrylate). There are many other companies that make Poly(methyl methacrylate) but can't call it plexiglass due to trade mark infringement. So my guess is this starfire glass is just made by a different company that produces lead free low iron glass and use a play on the trade marked name starphire to market there product. That is my thought from looking CAD site. I don't think you'll get anyone from CAD on this site answering you due to they aren't a sponsor of the site. If you want more clarity from them I would personally contact them through their site.

scchase
09/02/2010, 08:16 AM
Starphire is just a trade mark there are several differnt brands of low iron glass out there all very similar IMO.

ChrisBuono
09/03/2010, 11:01 AM
I received a very thorough email from Clay at CADLights. Of course, they're going to make good on the lamp tree. He confirmed what you (fatrip) wrote about Starphire vs. Starfire glass. I still think the CADLights Starfire glass looks a bit more green than the Starphire glass I've seen at MACNA, but so be it. I'll survive. :) Thanks Clay!

sugartooth
09/03/2010, 01:26 PM
ChrisBuono: I'm sorry to hear about your troubles, but I'm glad that you got your questions answered and resolution to the lamp tree. I hope you get a lot of use and enjoyment out of your new tank!

Another hiccup in this upgrade!!! Everything is in place, but installation has been pushed back and the woodwork company says they need 3 days for installation.
Day 1, bottom cabinets and doors/drawers, etc.
Day 2, tanks go in and I try to plumb it in a day.
Day 3, canopy, lights, and fans get installed.

I was under the impression it would only take one day, but for some reason it will be extended......
For those that are curious, the cabinetry is 12 foot long, so maybe they are generous with the timeframe to include possible setbacks.

I almost told them I don't want to do this anymore and get out of the hobby. It has been a year and I still don't have this installed. *sigh*

sugartooth
09/11/2010, 01:08 PM
Woodwork is IN and I love love love it! I was so nervous and didn't want it to happen without me there, but I was not going to reschedule this and they were fantastic.

Hmmm. I just re-read my last post and I think it may have come across differently than what I intended. It sounds like I'm mad at the woodworkers, in fact I was just stretched thin with all the setbacks and thought with all this bad JU JU I should get out of the hobby. I didn't intend to lump it in with the woodworking and scheduling. My mistake.

Here is the link to my upgrade, I now know if I didn't get new tanks I would be pretty upset and most of my focus would have been on the look of the cubes......kind of like flip flops with a cocktail dress.

http://www.reefcentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1904659