PDA

View Full Version : have to take my nice green LTA back to the lfs

yeloowtang
07/04/2010, 08:07 PM
:( i've always had good luck in the past and they would stay
put and be happy !!!

this time is different it has moved 4 times now,lucky for me no real damage
to it or others.
it could have gotten stuck in a pump !!! the first time it battled with my bubble coral did a little damage on it but it's all back to normal now.
my nice purple gorgonian got a beating:(
second and third time i caught it while releasing itself the momment
the day lights went out.
now this morning it had just set itself free and was hovering near my
red monti !!!!! so i grabed it and it's now in the refuge in my sump until i can bring it
back to the LFS,i wish it would stay put but i can't risk it anymore.
to bad it had tripled in size and had real nice colours !!

i guess this is why most agree that you shouldn't keep one in a reef tank

steff

Ritten
07/04/2010, 08:15 PM
Yeah, it bums me out that I always wanted one and now I have halides and could get one, but I'm not going to after reading so many posts like yours. If, god forbid, anything ever happens to this tank, I think I'll do a species only tank with some nems and clowns.

iap
07/04/2010, 08:53 PM
Why do people even risk having these if they could go around killing expensive sps corals?

TheH
07/04/2010, 08:59 PM
Well I mean the same could be said for some fish. You just put it in and try your luck, depends on how bad you want it and what risk you're willing to take.

Toddrtrex
07/04/2010, 11:12 PM
Why do people even risk having these if they could go around killing expensive sps corals?

Because if you give an anemone (( rock dwelling or a sand dwelling one )) the proper conditions they aren't likely to move. Excluding me moving things around in my tanks none of mine have moved in over 2 years. And the only SPS I have lost to my anemones (( I currently only have S. Haddonis )), is when a frag has falling into one of them.

ocellaris123
07/05/2010, 01:42 AM
Because if you give an anemone (( rock dwelling or a sand dwelling one )) the proper conditions they aren't likely to move. Excluding me moving things around in my tanks none of mine have moved in over 2 years. And the only SPS I have lost to my anemones (( I currently only have S. Haddonis )), is when a frag has falling into one of them.

Yup, pretty much what I would have said. If you take the time to ensure the proper habitat, creating barriers with rock, etc, an anemone can make a wonderful addition to a reef aquarium and well worth the risk imo.

yeloowtang
07/05/2010, 05:33 AM
yep !! like i said
in the past i've always had luck with them staying put !!
this one tries different spots,i'm debating giving it another chance but
not sure,everything at the bottom can be moved to safety and i'm sure the habitat is more than suficient lights ,flow,parameters but obviously it hasn't found the spot it likes..i will get my books and go trough all the info again to try and see if i can move power heads arround to please it but can't move to much as all the other habitants are place according to flow !!!
feel free to suggest all info you may have and solutions
i realy like it and it's super healthy,lots of colour and it tripple in size..

tried barrier with rocks but it releases it's foot and waits for flow to hover it in the tank,then settles in but then moves again.
i'm more affraid of it getting caught in a power head when it floats about ..