PDA

View Full Version : clownfish need help fast

coachtjm
07/05/2010, 06:15 AM
ok.....have to shut down a tank today! it has a naked clown and black clown, I need to put those fish in to a 75 gallon that has a pair of smallish oscellaris been in there about 2 months....can I? should I? I have tried selling my oscellaris pair but no takers as of yet.....

TripleT
07/05/2010, 06:39 AM
Just a heads up... don't google "naked clown". Try "naked clownfish" instead.

:P

celamb89
07/05/2010, 06:56 AM
U can give it a try... One pair will try to dominate the tank, just keep a close eye to see there is no big fighting going on... How long will the clowns be together? I wouldnt try it for too long, if its for a couple days or a week you should be ok just dont go too long with all the clowns together
Just my thought

Good Luck!

dalilgriffith
07/05/2010, 08:16 AM
No No No NO NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOo

Give them to your LFS or a local reefer.

Its this level of irresponsibility in reef keeping that ****es me off. You have two established pairs fighting for 4 feet of space. Its like putting two married couples in an one bedroom apartment and expecting they get along.

TripleT
07/05/2010, 08:41 AM
Its this level of irresponsibility in reef keeping that ****es me off

He's reaching out to people, trying to sell one pair, and asking for opinions. :confused:

Have you posted pics? Pics of healthy fish make it easier to sell them or give them away.

If this is a short term thing, can you move one pair to your QT? You do have a QT, don't you?

Tank dividers come in all sizes. If you have no other option, and the LFS won't take them, maybe you can at least physically partition your tank for some period of time, until you find one pair a new home.

coachtjm
07/05/2010, 08:50 AM
um....have a tang in there so.....cant partition the tank......