PDA

View Full Version : gsm clowns and aggression

jon1985
07/05/2010, 02:37 PM
I am planning to get a pair of gold strip marron clowns for my tank but wanted to add all my other fish first to avoid territoty aggression by the clowns. However I can get a good deal on a pair of baby ORA gsm clowns.

So my question is when do they tend to get nasty? would I be ok as long as I add the rest of my fish in the next 6 months or so?

elegance coral
07/05/2010, 06:50 PM
If they are young, and you don't over crowd the tank, you shouldn't have any real issues. In my experience, Maroons, and clowns in general, don't get very aggressive with other unrelated species, unless the fish is stressed for some reason. Like hunger, overcrowding, sickness, or general poor conditions. Keep the fish fat and happy and all should be well.

jon1985
07/06/2010, 05:46 AM
ok then I guess Ill go ahead and pick them up.

guppy74
07/06/2010, 03:25 PM
I have a GSM with a yellow watch man goby and a lawnmower blenny he was also with a blue damsel and they all get along I added the goby and blenny months after the GSM and damsel the damsel is the one I had to remove due to aggression.

Arc Katana
07/06/2010, 06:40 PM
For what its worth, gold stripes tend to be a bit calmer than white ones. It is worth noting tho that any particular fish can turn into a terror.

Good luck