PDA

View Full Version : Button polyps

reefguard
07/05/2010, 08:01 PM
My brown button polyps are getting out of control. What is the best way to eradicate them without putting the other corals in danger and without pulling rocks out. Nuke them with kalk? Thanks in advance.

noel

Ritten
07/05/2010, 08:24 PM
Yep, I use Mrs. Wages Pickle Lime. Get it from the grocery store where they keep the canning jars and fruit pectin, etc. I mix it with RO to make a pretty thick paste. Turn off power heads for awhile, put in the center of the polyp using a shringe (sp?) without a needle. I try to only zap about 10 at a time. Works like a charm for me.

Salamander
07/05/2010, 08:41 PM
If only it were that easy for me. I've been trying to kill them for a few years and nothing seems to work. They always recover.

rcranf1
07/05/2010, 08:54 PM
yep, i use mrs. Wages pickle lime. Get it from the grocery store where they keep the canning jars and fruit pectin, etc. I mix it with ro to make a pretty thick paste. Turn off power heads for awhile, put in the center of the polyp using a shringe (sp?) without a needle. I try to only zap about 10 at a time. Works like a charm for me.

+1