PDA

View Full Version : White Stuff on Gill of Fish! Help!

Praben
07/06/2010, 06:38 PM
I posted this in the clown forum, but no help from there. My female clown has some white stuff on only one side, around the gill area. I've attached a few photos. Can anyone provide guidance on what this may be?

This would be day 4 with this condition, no worse, no better since I noticed it. Fish have been in my tank around a month, I observed them for about a month in another than before that, no signs of issue.

Praben
07/07/2010, 06:00 AM
Day 5. Clown still looks the same with the gill irritation. Nobody has seen this before?

shrimphead
07/07/2010, 06:38 AM
best to post this in the fish diseases section, but could be some kind of fungus?

shrimphead
07/07/2010, 06:40 AM
or it could be damage from bad water quality like an ammonia spike,
is it a new fish?

Praben
07/07/2010, 08:10 AM
I started in clown section, disease section makes sense. It is a relatively new fish, almost a month ago, a mated pair. The male seems fine. This issue is only on one side of the female. I watched these fish for about a month in a fellow reefers tank, which there was no apparent issues.

I check the water regularly, haven't seen any issues with it with ammonia. Nitrates, nitrites all 0. Phosphates are marginal. Two chromis are good and all mixed coral appear fine.

Praben
07/07/2010, 06:55 PM
The fish disease section has like 4 posts, none of them answered. I can't get any answers anywhere on this forum for this issue. I figured if nobody has seen this someone would mention that is strange or someone would say ya I had that it is.... Guess I will cross my fingers and hope my fish doesn't die.

sue711
07/07/2010, 07:04 PM
I'll cross my fingers for you as well. :( It looks to me like maybe Brooklynella, but I am no expert.