PDA

View Full Version : One of my tanks has red bugs but no acros!!!

plateboy3293
07/07/2010, 08:23 AM
Well I have red bugs in one of my tansk the tank has anethelia, xenia, GSP, Mushrooms, candy canes, chalices, montis's and zoas. The only coral not looking good is the anethelia. Any ideas why the red bugs are still alive since there are no acros?

reidcrandall
07/07/2010, 03:44 PM
How long have they been in there, and have you bought any of your corals from a dealer who has SPS in the same system as the corals you bought? The red bugs could have been living on the rocks or frag plugs of the corals you bought, and still gotten into your tank. It may be possible that they've been feeding on a different food source since they made it to your tank.

Johnny C
07/07/2010, 09:47 PM
I have never seen or heard of a time when Red Bugs were present but SPS was not. Do you have a pic to confirm? Just trying to help! :)

Salamander
07/07/2010, 09:55 PM
How could you even find them in your tank if they weren't on an acro?

Are you sure they're red bugs and not something else? Could be some type of pod or maybe red planaria?

Luckylouse
07/07/2010, 10:08 PM
I wouldn't worry about it. Go grab a beer, sit down and relax. Red bugs aren't a big deal.

ROLLINS240Z
07/08/2010, 09:12 AM
I agree w/ Salamander, those guys are almost impossible to see, especially when they are eating an acro. Your prob. good.

Sugar Magnolia
07/08/2010, 09:31 AM
I would guess red planaria flatworms as well.

evsalty
07/08/2010, 09:36 AM
I wouldn't worry about it. Go grab a beer, sit down and relax. Red bugs aren't a big deal.
Tell that to my blue stag colony and my purple plasma and one of my tri color nanas........ Oh ya you cn't cause they are dead now due to red bugs. :uzi: