PDA

View Full Version : Need Help ASAP Going out of town and toadstool has white spots!

Danley
07/07/2010, 10:02 AM
Hello,
I have a 65 gallon reef tank, and I recently bought a toadstool leather. I drip acclimated it for an hour and i have been good as far as adding iodine stuff like that. I am not overdosing. Heres the question, after i acclimated it the mushroom looked very good, all polyps open and what not for around 4 days. Now, it hasnt had any polyps opened and it has white spots all over it. It almost looks as if someone sprinkled sand on it. There are no blothches of white just little sprinkles everywhere, is it shedding? Im going out of town for a week and I need to know so i can adress the problem. The sooner the responses the better, thank you for your time.

Danley
07/07/2010, 02:35 PM
Bump..

ChucksReefs
07/09/2010, 04:10 AM
If you can take a decent picture of it, it may help someone here diagnose the problem or let you know if it's natural.

lisafoster
07/09/2010, 09:24 AM
I know when my polyps don't open they are just going to shed skin. However I do not know what the white sprinkles are. A pic would help. Also have you tested your tank levels? Also do you test before you dose?

chuckreef
07/09/2010, 02:48 PM
This sounds like normal behavior for a leather after a large change like moving. I think it will be just fine as long as the tank's conditions are fine.

laf-reef
07/09/2010, 06:02 PM
this sounds like normal behavior for a leather after a large change like moving. I think it will be just fine as long as the tank's conditions are fine.

+1

Danley
07/10/2010, 07:14 AM
My tank water parameters, I have a 65 gallon tank and i do a 5 gallon NSW (Run through a UV Sterilizer) every other day. =D I think Its just fine if you ask me =D

kingfisher62
02/26/2011, 04:39 PM
I am having similar issues, any update Danley?

ChucksReefs
02/27/2011, 12:33 PM
A picture may help quite a bit. What type of light do you have hanging over your tank?

aleonn
03/09/2011, 02:36 PM
Does the leather have adequate flow? Sometimes detritus and even sand particles can lie on it.

kingfisher62
03/09/2011, 03:58 PM
I don't think Danley is following this post, it is several months old.
Mine has good flow and on it 3rd week now of being closed. It looked like crap this morning with Three different colors of algae gowing on it. I blasted it with a turkey baster. It helped to blow away some of it's shedding. Altually saw some polyps peeking out a few minutes ago. Thank God! This was the worst shed I have ever seen with this coral.