PDA

View Full Version : Is this coraline?

fishrule
07/07/2010, 05:09 PM
http://i165.photobucket.com/albums/u62/slow5000/coraline.jpg

This was complete dead rock 2 months ago, mixed in with some developed live rock in the tank. Its not completely grown over the surface but is coming in well whatever it is. It seems to grow better in the center where the light is shining. It is growing on the sides of the tank too, just a little slower. Any thoughts?

PSU-Reefer
07/07/2010, 05:10 PM
Yes! looking good.

Palting
07/07/2010, 07:49 PM
It looks like the pink coralline, but pics can be deceiving. Take a turkey baster and blast it. If it comes off, it's cyanno and/or bad algae. Sorry. If it doesn't come off, then it's coraline. Congrats!

fishrule
07/07/2010, 08:53 PM
I did a quick search and it seems like cyano grows on sand and glass and is easily wiped away. I rubbed my finger on the rock and it is on there pretty good it seems, not really wiping off, looks like it would have to be scraped?

WillLevantovsky
07/07/2010, 09:05 PM
if it's not wiping off, then your growing a healthy population of coralline :)

Palting
07/07/2010, 09:10 PM
I did a quick search and it seems like cyano grows on sand and glass and is easily wiped away. I rubbed my finger on the rock and it is on there pretty good it seems, not really wiping off, looks like it would have to be scraped?

That's it, buddy. It's coralline.

fishrule
07/11/2010, 01:28 PM
A friend of mine came over and doesn't think this is coraline, he wasnt really sure what it was though. Maybe someone has info on what type of coraline it is?