PDA

View Full Version : Salt

kevoo901
07/07/2010, 09:39 PM
guys what's the best salt to use for a reef tank

RokleM
07/08/2010, 08:53 AM
Honestly, that's like asking what's the best personal favorite color ;) Your answers will be all over the place.

Tropic Marin, Instant Ocean, and Reef Crystals are some of the big ones. I'd hit up the chemistry forum and look at some of the salt threads and go from there.

chimmike
07/08/2010, 09:03 AM
didn't we establish in your other thread that you should spend some money on test kits and figure out what your parameters are? Maybe see if your tank is still cycling?

When you're on the road working, who watches your tank?

kevoo901
07/08/2010, 09:08 AM
Honestly, that's like asking what's the best personal favorite color ;) Your answers will be all over the place.

Tropic Marin, Instant Ocean, and Reef Crystals are some of the big ones. I'd hit up the chemistry forum and look at some of the salt threads and go from there.
ok I've been using seachem for that last year, i just wanted to see what everybody else had been using

kevoo901
07/08/2010, 09:12 AM
didn't we establish in your other thread that you should spend some money on test kits and figure out what your parameters are? Maybe see if your tank is still cycling?

When you're on the road working, who watches your tank?
i've ask about tests or anything like this b4, my wife looks after the tank and i have 1 of my guys for 1 of our local fish store come by, i just wanted to see what everybody else use, i've been using seachem for the last year