PDA

View Full Version : One more tang

jformani
07/09/2010, 12:07 PM
I have a Powder Blue and Yellow Tang. Both are about 4". I'd like to add one more. Any recommendations and what size should I put in?

Tank is 125g. One coral beauty and two perc clowns.

Thanks

chimmike
07/09/2010, 12:13 PM
I wouldn't with the yellow tang, IMO.

Eric the half-bee
07/09/2010, 12:16 PM
You might have issues in a tank that size with more tangs. If any, I'd suggest the bristletooth tangs(chevron, tomini, kole, etc.) They seem to be the slowest growing and USUALLY, docile IME.

Allmost
07/09/2010, 12:16 PM
I dont think anyone would agree that u can add one more.

but if you are responsible enough, u can always add one more and have back up plans to take it back or rehome it somewhere else if Issues arise.

Drewbaby
07/09/2010, 12:24 PM
A kole or tomini would be ok because they stay relatively small compared to the rest, but it still might be a problem with the yellow tang like chimmike said. It depends on the mood of the other tanga you have in there. Sometimes they get territorial with newcomers.

Floowid
07/09/2010, 02:19 PM
All fish are different. Only you know how aggressive your current tangs are. I can tell from the way my yellow fends off interlopers from the nori that another tang is not going in my tank.

Toddrtrex
07/09/2010, 02:35 PM
I would be happy that your current 2 are getting along and call it a day. Adding another one most likely will offset the balance and the Powder will become a terror.

lngball
07/09/2010, 02:42 PM
I have a purple and a blue tang in a 125 around the same size and I wouldn't put another one in. There is not enough room for 3, it will be some anger management issues. LOL

prickles
07/09/2010, 04:54 PM
if you want to see how aggressive your particular fish are, use masking tape to tape a 1'x4' mirror to the glass and watch the fireworks. You can get them from HD for about $8. I'm guessing your powder blue won't stop attacking its reflection for weeks at least. You can use that experiment to see if you think another tang will be greeted peacefully.

jformani
07/09/2010, 06:54 PM
Thanks for the input. My yellow is more aggressive of the two. They do get along fine but I feed them often. I'm a big believer of feeding these guys. I like plump healthy fish. Kole Tang might work but you know what, I may wait. Why risk it at this point I guess!

Steve175
07/09/2010, 07:59 PM
Dude: a 3rd tang will only be a bummer (I added a purple to a powder blue and a yellow in my 220 (at night in the pitch black w/ all lights off) and the purple is now in the refug recovering). Don't make my mistake.

Myvirtue
07/09/2010, 09:43 PM
tangs are awesome wish they were more peaceful