PDA

View Full Version : Battery Backup Cable Recall

ryshark
07/09/2010, 12:22 PM
I got the email regarding this today. Since my brand new battery backup (Which was literally just delivered a half hour ago and still sitting on my porch in a box) is made by IceCap, I called IceCap as the email from EcoTech suggested. The guy from IceCap said he knows nothing about it, there is no agreement with EcoTech and he said that IceCap may not even do anything about it. Now what? I am going on a business trip the end of next week, thats why I bought it. Thanks.

ryshark
07/09/2010, 12:45 PM
In your EcoTech email you said that the cables are available on your website in the parts store for $1.50 plus $3 shipping for people who want to expidite the recall process. I went on your site to buy this cable, becaue I need it ASAP before I go out of town, and it is trying to charge me $8.27 for shipping????
Normally I am much more calm about stuff like this, but the whole going out of town thing and not having what I already planned out is frustrating.

ryshark
07/09/2010, 01:02 PM
I filled out the online form from your website, although my battery backup is IceCap. All I can do now is hope for the best. Thanks.

EcoTech Marine
07/09/2010, 01:25 PM
I'm sorry, but since IceCap manufacture's your battery and not us I cannot help you. In consideration of this fact, we placed the cables on our parts store to make them available at a very modest price. However, if expedited shipping is requested then you will have to pay the higher cost to do so, our flat shipping of $3 is for US mail which can take some time to get to the west coast.

ryshark
07/09/2010, 01:39 PM
I'm sorry, but since IceCap manufacture's your battery and not us I cannot help you. In consideration of this fact, we placed the cables on our parts store to make them available at a very modest price. However, if expedited shipping is requested then you will have to pay the higher cost to do so, our flat shipping of $3 is for US mail which can take some time to get to the west coast.

Thanks for the reply, I see the $3 option for US mail now and I placed an order for 2.
Did the old non-fused cable cause a fire for somebody?

EcoTech Service
07/09/2010, 02:35 PM
No, no fires have occurred. We found this issue during periodic testing and took a pro-active stance in eliminating the risk for our customers.