PDA

View Full Version : Clown Breathing Heavy

Acefspds
07/09/2010, 11:00 PM
I have a clown that I just got 2 days ago that isnt eating and breathing a bit fast. I did a 5 min freshwater bath on him but that did not seam to help much if at all. I know of most diseases and to me he does not look to have anything but I could be wrong. I have the little guy in a 2.5g picotope with the pico filter (with nothing in it) and an airstone atm treating him with some para guard by seachem.

I was wondering if anyone has had something like this go on? Maybe you know something that I dont and can shine a light on things. I have tried feeding him frozen brine/mysis, live adult and baby brine, omega one flakes, arcti pods, tried some coral frenzy for the rods and pods, even tried giving him nori. Nothing....tried soaking the food in garlic....nothing. If anyone has any ideas please let me know. I have tried just about everything I can think of.

I did a 5 min freshwater bath and he is now like I said in a 2.5g with Para Guard by Seachem. Some suggest Oodinium and brooklynella. If this is the case what else if anything should I be doing?

EaZy DuZ iT
07/09/2010, 11:32 PM
Have you gotten your water checked?

Acefspds
07/09/2010, 11:39 PM
Have you gotten your water checked?

Checked as in what? My Ammo, Nitri and Nitra are always 0. I test weekly.

Acefspds
07/10/2010, 04:18 PM
do a water change.

He is in a QT with meds. I am doing 100% WC daily.

This test your water... Do a water change junk isnt what I am looking for. I have been in the hobby years and all those things are the first things I do. I need a more professional answer from someone who knows their stuff.

Thanks for trying but this is common sence stuff.

Here is a video on youtube for better refrence.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mMabQXKP6qo

lhm nole
07/10/2010, 05:00 PM
Try formalin bath for brook looks like his fins are tattered and a little cloudy . Does he have body slim? WC clowns are very prone to brook.

Acefspds
07/10/2010, 05:02 PM
Try formalin bath for brook looks like his fins are tattered and a little cloudy . Does he have body slim? WC clowns are very prone to brook.

Dont see any slime. Yesterday he was breathing alot heavier. I am using Para Guard because I heard formalin can cause liver disease. I cant get formalin anywhere around here I would have to order it online.

Acefspds
07/10/2010, 05:12 PM
I see some stringy junk floating around. Maybe that is the mucus comin out of his gills?

Would a bath be better then just treating the water in the QT. Also if I wan to give a para guard bath can he go back into the medicated QT or should he go into a QT with unmedicated water. I ordered some FORMALIN 3 to dip him with when it gets here.

In the QT I have 1.25ml of Para Guard in 2.5 gal.
A bath is 4ml of Para Guard in 1 gal for 30-60 min.

lhm nole
07/10/2010, 08:31 PM
Usually on the medication it will tell you the dose for a bath (usually stronger) than it should be fine to go back in a qt tank with meds at regular dosage. And as far as the formalin dip have done it many times in fresh and salt and have never experienced ill effects of course long term exposure to any chemicals can lead to issues. The key thing is if the fish is still eating it has a greater chance of pulling through versus one that is not.

Acefspds
07/10/2010, 08:51 PM
Usually on the medication it will tell you the dose for a bath (usually stronger) than it should be fine to go back in a qt tank with meds at regular dosage. And as far as the formalin dip have done it many times in fresh and salt and have never experienced ill effects of course long term exposure to any chemicals can lead to issues. The key thing is if the fish is still eating it has a greater chance of pulling through versus one that is not.

Yea he isnt eating. Has not really eaten anything since I got him. Did see him pick some pods off the side of the tank and played with some brineshrimp today. I have live baby brine and live adult brine in the QT with him. He is swimming around alot.

Acefspds
07/10/2010, 08:55 PM
Here is a vid I just did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TrM1hB5fdR8

Chris27
07/11/2010, 07:04 AM
I second the formalin dips, while the little guy doesn't look too bad, Brook is such a quick killer, so I figure it's better safe then sorry.

Acefspds
07/11/2010, 11:11 AM
I second the formalin dips, while the little guy doesn't look too bad, Brook is such a quick killer, so I figure it's better safe then sorry.

I ordered some Formalin 3 yesterday. Will give him a dip as soon as it gets here. Para Guard looks to be holding him over. Breathing has gotten better. I will post a vid later today with an update.

Acefspds
07/11/2010, 03:11 PM
Treatment Day 3 with Para Guard

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YkonPIJwHmI

Acefspds
07/12/2010, 03:56 PM
Tried to order Formalin and was told it is no longer on the market. Anyone know where to get some?

hottuna
07/12/2010, 06:05 PM
Pet solutions has alot of the fish vet products...you want the formalin- ms..

Acefspds
07/12/2010, 09:06 PM
Pet solutions has alot of the fish vet products...you want the formalin- ms..

Thanks

Day 4 of Para Guard Treatment
Breathing is close to normal. His fins are still frayed. When I turn the light on he swims around the middle of the tank. Lights off he does just like my other Perc does at night. He goes to the top corner. I did see him take a mouth full of coral frenzy today but that is all I have seen him eat in 4-5 days. Not really sure if he even ate it or not. Para Guard looks to be working. Tried to order Formalin but was told it is no longer available for sale.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GYgL_jRp3OM

Acefspds
07/12/2010, 10:39 PM
Finally!!! After dam near 5 days

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ochTeNyJYvg