View Full Version : Need to have my tank drilled

07/11/2010, 04:40 AM
Hi, I recently came across a 55g setup and am looking to install an internal overflow system. I was looking to see if anyone knew where I could get this done on the island? Also is there a easy place to find the bulkhead fittings? Thank you!

07/11/2010, 07:03 AM
if it is a BX 55g then it is tempered glass, and I believe you really dont want to try drilling it.

07/11/2010, 07:47 AM
It's GEX brand, which I'm sure isn't from the BX is it? I'm only looking to get the back panel drilled hopefully if it isn't tempered.

08/06/2010, 04:07 PM
wouldn't risk it if you don't know. You might be best just to run an internal overflow out. They sell them on marine depot. I have seen run it. It is somewhat unsightly to myself, you could always make a rock formation or something to block your view of it. Just saying.......