PDA

View Full Version : Lawnmower Blenny, Clown Goby, Tridacna Crocea Clam

texasbornnbred
07/11/2010, 06:23 PM
Just bought a lawnmower blenny to accompany our clown goby and peppermint shrimp, and also purchased a crocea clam today. Will the lawnmower blenny damage the crocea clam or the clown goby? We also had a couple of small hard corals and got another kind today. Will the LMB harm the corals?

Levito
07/11/2010, 07:32 PM
If by harm you mean eat, no. The LMB likes to perch on things, though, so make sure your corals are secure. They're clumsy enough that they could potentially knock frags onto things in your sandbed, like a clam. But as far as the blenny's temperment goes, the clam and goby should be fine. Lawnmowers are pretty peaceful fish, and a lot of fun to watch.

Raggamuffin
07/11/2010, 08:40 PM
Lawnmowers are so dang cute, and very social if you take the time. I have never seen one act aggressive. They are also easily trained to hand feeding.

DC_40gallon
07/11/2010, 08:46 PM
Blenny (my lawnmowers name) is awesome! Best fish I've ever had freshwater or saltwater. His personality is simply unreal. He scoots, perches and is simply hilarious. He will often get on top of a koralia powerhead and perch like he is king of the tank overlooking is pride land.

He sleeps in two locations always, inside my leather coral or snuggle between my frag egg crate in the corner of the tank. Look closely, he/she has tiny eyebrows that look like little forks.

zachfishman
07/12/2010, 08:27 AM
Careful, we had a lawnmower that began nipping at the mantle of a large T. derasa. I'd keep a close eye on it.