PDA

View Full Version : questions on ro, ro/di

jay02483
07/12/2010, 12:37 PM
so i have a few extra bucks and i wanted to get a ro or ro/di filter for my reef tank, and also for human consumption. Which is better ro or ro/di? who makes the best filters? who has experience on which filters worked the best? i dont want to spend more then 300.

reef_doug
07/12/2010, 01:42 PM
so i have a few extra bucks and i wanted to get a ro or ro/di filter for my reef tank, and also for human consumption. Which is better ro or ro/di? who makes the best filters? who has experience on which filters worked the best? i dont want to spend more then 300.

$300 is a good limit for a top notch unit. You will want RO/DI for reef tank. For drinking just "T" off before the DI.

Look at the Spectrapure MaxCap, on sale at Marine Depot for $249.
Their membranes are prorietary and the DI resins just seem to last longer than other companies.

icechimpee
07/12/2010, 02:28 PM
$300 is a good limit for a top notch unit. You will want RO/DI for reef tank. For drinking just "T" off before the DI.

Agreed.

Just quoting myself from a previous post...

Got to give my props to www.thefilterguys.biz...I've had mine over 2 years now without a problem...look into the "OCEAN REEF MISER SIX STAGE RO/DI 150 GPD" @ 265$.

Buckeye Hydro
07/18/2010, 04:46 AM
DI for your tank, and RO to drink. Not all systems are designed to provide both. If you want RO water fed to a pressure tank and then on to a faucet, make sure the sstem is configured such that the water in the pressure tank never makes its way to the DI resin. Very few RODI systems are configured in this way.

Russ