PDA

View Full Version : Frogspawn with PC lighting

cjrudy
07/12/2010, 05:33 PM
My frogspawn has been in my tank about 3 weeks, it was doing great but the last week or so it's closing up. I have it placed mid level with med flow. Having only PC lighting in a 29G BioCube can I move it to the sandbed, will it get enough light. I am thinking of moving it to see if it becomes happier and opens up more

Reefmonster
07/12/2010, 05:42 PM
My frogspawn has been in my tank about 3 weeks, it was doing great but the last week or so it's closing up. I have it placed mid level with med flow. Having only PC lighting in a 29G BioCube can I move it to the sandbed, will it get enough light. I am thinking of moving it to see if it becomes happier and opens up more

I would dip it to make there isn't a parasite, as for the PC's how old are they...sometimes they change spectrum as they get older, and their life is only about 8 months, (for me anyhow). According to WWC frogspawns prefer Low to Moderate Lighting and low waterflow, so there shouldn't be any issues.

I would test your water parameters and post them so we can better assess your needs. These corals are also affected by low Magnesium levels, so be sure to test for that. A water change probably wouldn't hurt either.

sunil6784
07/12/2010, 05:45 PM
I've noticed my frogspawn much more puffed up when I moved it to a low flow area.

cjrudy
07/12/2010, 05:55 PM
PH 8.2, Ammonia 0, Nitrite 0, Nitrate 10ppm

greech
07/12/2010, 06:42 PM
Should be fine on the sand. They like lower flow as others said but the lower flow also will allow it to extend it's sweepers further.

The Punisher
07/12/2010, 07:20 PM
I kept a frogspawn under PC lighting for a couple of years with great growth and the coral looked to be pretty happy. As others have said, try it in a lower spot area and see how it responds.