PDA

View Full Version : Neptune Apex

aoc230
07/13/2010, 09:09 AM
i currently am running my ORP off the times 5 and for some odd reason everytime i set it up, it will last from anywhere from 5 mintues to a day the just drop off and has to be reset on the times five and will run for the same time frame and shut off itll reset again??? any words of wisdom to remedy this

aoc230
07/15/2010, 07:40 AM
anyone???

JeF4y
07/15/2010, 07:58 AM
You may want to ask in the Neptune equipment forum, and perhaps rephrase what your question is. I've read what you wrote 3x and can't make sense of it.

RokleM
07/15/2010, 11:46 AM
<i>This thread has been moved to the current forum.</i>

aoc230
07/15/2010, 12:36 PM
<i>This thread has been moved to the current forum.</i>

thansk for the lending hand...

if the question is unclear, all i was stating is i cannot get my orp to continue readin, it continues to drop off and i have to reinstall it everyday?

thansk much Jake

kenargo
07/15/2010, 12:37 PM
Can you rephrase your question; I am not clear on what you are asking. Posting your program would also help.

HeneryH
07/15/2010, 01:39 PM
Do you mean the value drops and then you need to do <-something-> to get it back?

What do you mean by 'reinstall it'? Physically unplug and replug it in?

swearint
07/15/2010, 05:24 PM
I think he means that the probe is becoming Disabled and disappearing from the display. Wasn't that a bug in an earlier release? To the OP, what firmware version are you running?

Todd

aoc230
07/15/2010, 08:37 PM
I think he means that the probe is becoming Disabled and disappearing from the display. Wasn't that a bug in an earlier release? To the OP, what firmware version are you running?

Todd

thats exactly what i was trying to say haha, sorry long day.

version 4.02_2H10

aoc230
07/15/2010, 08:40 PM
Do you mean the value drops and then you need to do <-something-> to get it back?

What do you mean by 'reinstall it'? Physically unplug and replug it in?

it simply drops off the display and i have to set it up thru the set up screen again. sometimes ill even go thru the set up process and once completed and back to main screen, the values wont appear and ill have to repeat the process.

kenargo
07/15/2010, 10:21 PM
You might want to start by updating (4.03_6A10 is the latest). Then, once you update the firmware in the Apex you should open the Modules page (web or from display) and perform a module update operation (this updates the firmware in the connected devices (including the display)); you will do each connected device separate and be patient; it takes about 30 seconds to perform an update to the display module.

See if this fixes it.

aoc230
07/16/2010, 06:20 AM
You might want to start by updating (4.03_6A10 is the latest). Then, once you update the firmware in the Apex you should open the Modules page (web or from display) and perform a module update operation (this updates the firmware in the connected devices (including the display)); you will do each connected device separate and be patient; it takes about 30 seconds to perform an update to the display module.

See if this fixes it.

thansk for the help guys ill try that and keep you posted

aoc230
07/17/2010, 07:15 AM
so i updated my firmware and dispaly and now im having issues getting both ph probes to show(one shows the same readings twice on main dispaly screen) and i cant at all setup my orp? any help would be greatly appreciated

thanks much Jacob

kenargo
07/17/2010, 09:45 AM
How are you configuring your display? You need to use the Display Configuration web OR keypad menu section to tell the display what proge to show on what page and what line; have you done this?

After you updated the base firmware did you go to the modules screen and update the display's firmware; they are separate operations?

aoc230
07/17/2010, 10:57 AM
when configuring the display it doenst allow an orp to be put on it for some reason?

and no i had no idea you had to do both ill try that and restting the display configuration and go from there... thansk for your prompt response, greatly appreciated.

had one more question, you can buy a auto shut off waste container for skimmers(has a float valve that turns off power to which skimmer is plugged into), any way to rig that up to the apex?

aoc230
07/17/2010, 11:21 AM
it seems as though the 2nd ph probe fixed itself so ill have to work on getting the orp to show on main display... thanks for the guidance guys, ill keep trying

aoc230
07/17/2010, 02:50 PM
Ok got it thanks Ken, I'm a little slow thanks for being patient

aoc230
07/18/2010, 12:01 PM
when configuring the display it doenst allow an orp to be put on it for some reason?

and no i had no idea you had to do both ill try that and restting the display configuration and go from there... thansk for your prompt response, greatly appreciated.

had one more question, you can buy a auto shut off waste container for skimmers(has a float valve that turns off power to which skimmer is plugged into), any way to rig that up to the apex?

The orp running off the pm1 still continues to drop off even after the updates? Maybe this may help diagnose the problem, when I go to choose the orp*5 options, it's not always available to add to the front page of the apex display. Everything else is but that one and then it will all of a sudden appair again even though the pm1 status is a solid green light? Could this be a faulty pm1?

swearint
07/18/2010, 02:52 PM
I would contact Neptune about this. It sounds like the PM module is losing communication with the base unit. I think there have been similar issues with other modules where Neptune was able to login remotely and reset the calibration.

Todd

aoc230
07/18/2010, 05:06 PM
Thanks Todd that's what I thought as well but wasn't really sure. I'll try contacting them tomorrow

aoc230
07/20/2010, 09:08 AM
I would contact Neptune about this. It sounds like the PM module is losing communication with the base unit. I think there have been similar issues with other modules where Neptune was able to login remotely and reset the calibration.

Todd

thansk for the help guys, it seems as though it was a problem with the PM1 module and curt had managed to do it remotely... WOW super fast service on neptunes side. put request in at night woke up in the moring, turned on the old iphone to look at controller and seen that orp was precent, thoguht it might had fixed itslef but also had an email fm curt stating it had been fixed.

i like its good

madmike
07/20/2010, 11:43 AM

No need to buy a pre-wired one of those. I have a waste collector and just drill and tap a float valve in the top of it. wire the switch to your apex and the apex will automatically shut down your skimmer if the waste collector is full.

aoc230
07/20/2010, 11:46 AM
No need to buy a pre-wired one of those. I have a waste collector and just drill and tap a float valve in the top of it. wire the switch to your apex and the apex will automatically shut down your skimmer if the waste collector is full.

thanks for the feedback, any DIY sites that may be able to help out furhter? where do the wires hook up to? are thewires just added to a plug end then plugged in and auto shuts off when the float is hit by waste?

madmike
07/20/2010, 01:43 PM
Not sure on a DIY site, you cant beat this site for any help you need. You just need a container, a way to mount the switch in the top (here are the switches I use in my system) http://www.aquahub.com/store/ifloatfloatswitch.html

The wires from the float go to a neptune "breakout box" that you can purchase or build yourself. You just write in the code for example "if switch 1 closed then (whatever outlet you have your skimmer assigned to) off.

this will turn your skimmer off when the container fills with waste, preventing an overflow...this has saved my system more than a few times ;) You can get real fancy and have the apex email you or sound audible warnings letting you know that this has happened.