PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI outlet head pressure Q

arrowheadpuffer
07/13/2010, 04:40 PM
Is it okay to have head pressure on the RO/DI outlet? I have a 150gpd airwater ice 5 stage. I have the unit on top of my washing machine. I am thinking of running the outlet line up into the ceiling, across and over into my fish room.

Would this be a problem or reduce output?

arrowheadpuffer
07/14/2010, 04:07 PM
bump

celano
07/14/2010, 07:38 PM
How many vertical feet of head do you think you have and whats your incoming water pressure? Usually vertical head is the limiting factor not horizontal. I'd say if its less than 15'-20' of vertical head you should be fine(depending on incoming water pressure)without a booster pump if its more you might want to look into getting a booster pump to help increase output.

arrowheadpuffer
07/14/2010, 10:22 PM
around 6ft of head, the pressure into the RO/DI is 60+psi, but as we all know there is little if any pressure after the RO stage, so I dont want to be backing it up or anything.

Kshack
07/16/2010, 08:49 AM
You will be OK. Systems that have a pressure tank for storage (3-5 gal) have much higher pressure. There is a permiate (sp?) pump you can place after the membrane if you have a problem.

03sonicstang
07/16/2010, 09:35 AM
I think you should be OK; i have my RO/DI mounted in my storage room about 3 feet off the floor and my waste line is plumbed into the ceiling with no ill affect. I also have the feed line about 40 feet away and it seems to be working fine