PDA

View Full Version : RO/DI booster pump

rayn
07/13/2010, 06:24 PM
I'm looking for a booster pump to help out with my RO/DI unit. There are a bunch of different ones that are solely for the water filter. My entire house, much to my displeasure, runs at ~40 psi. Could I just get a whole house booster pump instead and reap the benefits throughout the whole house? Cost wise it is only a hundred bucks more.

shifty51008
07/13/2010, 07:00 PM
IMO I would take the whole house pump but the only real benifit will be better water pressure in the shower, along with the RODI unit. if you feel you have enough pressure in your shower then I wouldn't worry to much about a whole hose one. but others will hopefully chime in and know alot more than I do lol.

rayn
07/13/2010, 07:23 PM
I run low pressure shower heads to help out with that, but the outside hose is slow too. I wonder if the whole house unit woudln't help with the dishwasher, washing machine, hose, RO/DI, shower.......... Get my thinking? I've often wondered about replacing the main water line coming into the house to HOPEFULLY get more psi, but that is a lot of work and money for hopefully.

iamwrasseman
07/13/2010, 08:55 PM
be careful replacing your line coming in as they will also be replacing your meter with a MUCH more accurate one and they never used to care about water consumption but now do for sure . the older the unit the better it is for you ,especially if its before the 70s ,if so it reads in your favor in a major way .

rayn
07/13/2010, 09:09 PM
It's gone all high tech here. They know exactly what I use and how much.