PDA

View Full Version : stocking a 12 gallon aquapod.

ctenophors rule
07/13/2010, 10:05 PM
so...

I am finaly at the point where i can stock it.

I was gun hoe about keeping a bunch of different colored clown gobies. (one of each of course to prevent agression), however i have recently become concerned about movement. the tank is in a restaurant and i want to ensure that people will be happy with it. (considering most people look at it now gaze over my wonderful corals and ask, "how come theirs no fish in your tank, is it sick". :lmao:

I was wondering if someone with experience with these guys could tell me if , once the settle in they move more.

or maybe someone can recomend a species.

how are the green banded gobies, i could maybe make a pair of those?

or the red head gobies?

i know some recomend clownfish, or fire fish for tanks this small, but i cant see myself doing that...

thanks guys.

tommy.

Agu
07/19/2010, 08:40 PM
If you're trying to entertain your guests clown gobies are pretty boring. They perch on corals and don't swim in the water column, pretty much like all the other gobies.

If you don't want to go with clowns or firefish you may want to consider a single blue damsel or yellow tailed damsel. They brightly colored, swim in the water column, and fearless. In a high traffic area they're a good option.

jmo

GoingPostal
07/19/2010, 08:58 PM
Bicolor dottyback? Royal gramma? Tailspot blenny, you can pair up greenbanded gobies no problem, they are really nice looking and small but hang out on the bottom. High fin gobies are small and cute. Plus side of getting a couple tiny fish is you could also add some sexy shrimp, so little but fun to find and watch. Don't get them with a dottyback though.