PDA

View Full Version : Can Clowns Become Murderers??

Tripel_Hornet
07/16/2010, 10:03 PM
when you say murderer, you must say it like smeagolfrom LotR.

i have a snow clown named "daisy". when she was purchased she arrived with "duke" as i bought a pair. so after 3 months, "duke" mysteriously disappears.
so i was mad and i bought another snow. he lasted 2 days and i didnt name hm before he died, so he is known as victim #1. so after a few weeks i got yet another clown and he lasted 1 night. so he is victim#2. now vic #1 and 2 are both from ORA directly and the original are from a reputable fish breeder.
so 3 weeks ago i bought a replacement clown for my fish cause i really really want to have a mated pair. so i come back yesterday from vacation (turks and caicos) and i find vic#3 who i named axel is missing. now i either have a black widow clown or something is very wrong.

the only thing different i have don was remove a few rbta clones and left them with one. every parameter is perfect, tested with salifert and i only have pygmy angel with a YWG paired with a randal shrimp and a friedmani dotty and these fish are over 6 months old. so nothing new or nothing died.

with the last clown i got for her was awesome. she got along with him very well. i removed her for a week and let him have the tank and use of the nem for a week or so. and when she was added back she was bonded to him fast. they shared the big nem together and never fought. so i thought i had a winner, or a survivor here.

back from a wonderful vacation from turks and caicos and bam vacation over. man was i ****ed now. whatever stress the vacation took away came right back. so now i am out around $600 in clowns and i still have my girl.

i am thinking of getting rid of her to get 2 smaller ones, but she is drop dead georgous and i think she would make awesome babies one day.
think i should try for clown #4 or should i end it with her and start fresh?
thanks for the comments.

awestruck
07/18/2010, 07:27 AM
Geez, how discouraging :( At this point I would either let her have the nem to herself or find her a new home and start with another pair. It sounds like you did everything possible to help the situation but she is firmly putting her foot (or fin) down and is having none of it.

wanabebell
07/18/2010, 09:46 AM
do you have the option of putting a divider in the tank?? create "mandatory play nice time" this should allow the male to settle in, while they can still see eachother without having the female killing the male...If you can I would go with that...I would only consider removing the divider after you have seen your male show that he is submissive to the female