PDA

View Full Version : Larry's new 350 Build

larryfl1
07/18/2010, 06:01 AM
Hey all,

I am about to start the build of the new tank... as of now planing on going from a 150 to about 350

current tank is 60x24x25

new tank planned to be 96x30x28

some highlights of the new build

custom 3/4 starphire tank..
custom 5ft sump
steel stand
exterior cabinetry on stand
LED lighting (most likely AI)
alpha 250 skimmer
reeflo super dart pump
nextreef np pellet reactor
profilux controller
6 vortechs

overflow either internal with 3 1.5 durso or smaller internal top glass-holes dart overflow with external lines... external pipes requires me to be about 3 inches more off the wall..

larryfl1
07/18/2010, 06:06 AM
here are some photos of the room and the existing tank..

I do need some opinions on this as my wife is concerned i will shrink the room too much..i kind of agree....and nervous i am going to big or too far off the wall..???

the photos have the cardboard box taped on the tank to show how further out the tank will be on the new one.. it will be 6" but if i move it closer to the wall it will be more like 4" as the box shows...

also the top of the 28" will be where the dixie cup top is on the right corner of the current tank

the far vertical priority mail box shows where the tank will end and also is placed about 4 or so inches further into the room...its much higher then the tank will be but is an end point..

what is everyones opinion? will it look ok all said and done or should i shrink the new one a little?

Patrick F
07/18/2010, 09:32 AM
Hello larry,

I think the new tank will look fantastic in that spot...if it looks to big for the room when you install it just purchase smaller furniture :lol2:

Personally though placing the new tank where the current one exists is one of the biggest challenges in moving a tank in my opinion. I take it you will purchase some large rubbermaid vats for the move?

Patrick

outy
07/18/2010, 11:36 AM
thats what im doing now with my 215 larry, a loss of a few inches here and there you will get used to. I few feet is another story. Like you im going closer to the wall and splitting the distance side to side.

What no heli's on the tank lol :) I thought everyone did that :)

larryfl1
07/18/2010, 05:05 PM
i am hoping the extra 6" in front to back depth adds alot of dimension to the tank..i thinkit will...

now i have to decide...

standard overflow/durso or glass-holes upper box and pipes on the back... the back pipes will mean i need to maintain 4 " off the wall...