PDA

View Full Version : Recommend me a tank maintenance program

Flame_Angel
07/19/2010, 08:52 AM
For my computer. I'm taking over the tank maintenance portion of my store soon, and I'd like to find a program (preferably freeware) to help keep track of all the tanks, any meds that I've dosed, number and type of fish, contact information, etc. I had one years ago when I was still doing it, but I'll be darned if I don't remember the name.

sslak
07/19/2010, 10:11 AM
I've been looking for one as well...even a reef journal would be nice.

kdirk
07/19/2010, 10:17 AM
http://download.cnet.com/ReefCon-2000/3000-2130_4-10055503.html

sslak
07/19/2010, 10:56 AM
Anything that will run on a current OS?

64bit has been around a while.

Mish1
07/19/2010, 12:13 PM
I would like to know of a program as well. I searched for one a couple months ago but couldn't find anything.

Chris27
07/19/2010, 02:18 PM
www.reefnook.com

jcolletteiii
07/19/2010, 02:27 PM
You probably already own a customizable software package that can calculate just about everything you need - it can do conversions, track energy usage, do cost analyses, track parameters across any number of tanks you want, is completely customizable, can utilize formulae for complex calculations - and can quickly and easily repeat this, and it can output this data in a wide range of visual graphical formats.

MS Excel. It's how I track my tanks - it's quick to set up, and pretty easy to use (setting up drop-down menus and some array functions can be a bit tricky, but you don;t NEED to use these functions). I think someone here developed a nice do-it-all excel sheet. Try doing a search - you might be pleasantly surprised.

Allmost
07/19/2010, 02:32 PM
if you guys come up with a list of things needed, Id be happy to write the code and share it here for all to use.

im too busy at work to plan it lol

Flame_Angel
07/19/2010, 08:40 PM
You probably already own a customizable software package that can calculate just about everything you need - it can do conversions, track energy usage, do cost analyses, track parameters across any number of tanks you want, is completely customizable, can utilize formulae for complex calculations - and can quickly and easily repeat this, and it can output this data in a wide range of visual graphical formats.

MS Excel. It's how I track my tanks - it's quick to set up, and pretty easy to use (setting up drop-down menus and some array functions can be a bit tricky, but you don;t NEED to use these functions). I think someone here developed a nice do-it-all excel sheet. Try doing a search - you might be pleasantly surprised.
I was kind of hoping for something with a GUI, but that's actually not a half-bad idea. I may take some time tomorrow on my day off and see if I can't come up with something. It probably won't be particularly complicated, just something I can muck about with and print easy to read worksheets out from. If anyone else has to take this over in the future, I want to make sure a drooling monkey can read it.

Flame_Angel
07/19/2010, 08:42 PM
www.reefnook.com
I had looked at that, but since reefs on RN can be publicly seen, I can't violate the privacy of my clients by using it.

rennne39
07/20/2010, 11:25 AM
I use something called http://reef.aquariogest.net it is neat and you can have as many tank as you want to keep up with

Mish1
07/20/2010, 12:03 PM
I use something called http://reef.aquariogest.net it is neat and you can have as many tank as you want to keep up with

$67!

Does it perform the tank maintenance for me at that price? ;)

rennne39
07/20/2010, 12:06 PM
No but it will track where you put the 67 dollars at.

Mish1
07/20/2010, 12:28 PM
:lolspin:

Nice!!

Blue04
09/30/2010, 12:22 PM
I too have been hard pressed to find software that does the things i need. I've tried ReefConPro but no major improvements have been made in a while.

Because of this i've actually started creating my own with a nice user interface. So far i've got the water parameter section down along with reports and graphs. I'd be interested to see what other items people would like to see. I wouldn't mind sharing the final product.

unclejed2
09/30/2010, 03:31 PM
http://download.cnet.com/ReefCon-2000/3000-2130_4-10055503.html

Thanks for the download, I had made a pretty good spread sheet of my own but just downloaded that and will give it the once over.

jefstathiou
02/19/2012, 05:46 PM
Just curious if anyone has made any further advances with a program? I am having a hard time chocking down the $73.00 for AquarioGest, though admittedly, it does seem like a nice program with all of the bells & whistles.