PDA

View Full Version : Do Blue Throat Triggerfish eat shrimp?

vexeclipse2007
07/19/2010, 04:18 PM
I want to get a blue throat trigger for my 95 reef tank. But was just wondering if they eat shrimp?

rockrocco
07/19/2010, 04:28 PM
i have had a few blue throat or blue jaw triggers generally speaking they dont eat shrimp but i wouldnt be certain that it would eat them. when the shrimp molts it will b a very easy target for the trigger if he decides hes hungry for shrimp. i have never had any of mine eat shrimp but still its a trigger there is alway a chance

TrojanScott
07/19/2010, 04:44 PM
There's a chance, but I believe a small chance. I've actually caught mine being cleaned by the cleaner shrimp!

cilyjr
07/19/2010, 04:58 PM
mine has not bothered any of my shrimp.

Gtownguy487
07/19/2010, 05:01 PM
This is by far the best fish in my tank i have 3 cleaner shrimp and about 10 peppermints.. The trigger never messes with anyone and even eats outa my hand.. I love him dearly

TrojanScott
07/19/2010, 05:13 PM
^^^ This!

They are so much fun. They eat from your hand, and make clicking noises and grunt when they eat. Just cool, cool fish.

velrui
07/21/2010, 08:16 PM
Mine just ripped the head off a peppermint shrimp... I was wondering why my shirmp kept dying.. Im trying to control some aptasia, and one of my peppermint was caught in my overflow ,,so i got him out let him go and wham... The weird thing is i had just fed all of the fish before i got the shirmp out, well now i know whos killing them ...By the way ive bought over 20 shirmp and now only have 3 left, i guess once they get a taste for them its over..I also think he ate my berghia too but cant prove it...