PDA

View Full Version : Been up and running for nearly 2 months. Added some CUC today.

msr224
07/19/2010, 06:23 PM
Well, I've been up and running for 2 months now. Went to LFS and picked up 7 Nassarius snails, 6 blue legged hermits, Chaeto for the fuge and he threw in a small coral frag with about 10 polyps on it (trying to get me to buy more ASAP). Going to to drain the fuge and layer the miracle mud and sand in it tomorrow. For now I just have the chaeto cloating around in a big ball under the light.

I have about 75# of Marco rock about half of which was aquacultured in an established system at premium aquatics in Indy. The other half is white and purchased dry.

Next step is to wait a couple of weeks and let the system settle down after these new additions and then maybe start with some of my list. A little more in the way of CUC, some form of goby (Probably a Randall's)

Also looking to pick up a better light. Currently running 2 cheap LED Blue/white panels that I picked up off of Ebay. They look pretty enough but I want to get an all in one system like one of the Aquatic Life one's with a timer for all three, metal halide, T5's and LED moonlights. So far they don't make a 24" or 30" with all three but other companies do. I just haven't found what I want yet.

anyway, I may put a pic up if I get time later tonight.

muttley000
07/19/2010, 07:00 PM
Premium Aquatics is great, I wish I lived closer! Looking forward to the pic. What other fish are you going to add? Don't be suprised if your Chaeto doesn't take off right away, you don't have much bioload to feed it.