PDA

View Full Version : Marine Algae aquascape competition?

Ruscalleda
07/21/2010, 06:43 AM
Hi,
I have been a fan of the ADA planted competition for years:lolspin: and I would like to know if exists something similar for algae tanks (with a nice arrangement of rocks,etc..)
One of the things I love from that competition is when they print the book with all the people who registered his/her tank; their work inspires a lot!

A little (and healthy) competition always makes you work better:bounce1:

(Right now I am preparing my new tank for SW, all algae, no fish, ocenic 57 illuminata trimless)

Please let me know if it exists such a thing in the reefcentral or somewhere else,
Thanks
Ruscalleda

ctenophors rule
07/25/2010, 06:48 PM
i would join something like that here...

im sure some others would too, i know that got z envy does this stuff all the time for nano's

Plantbrain
07/26/2010, 09:45 AM
ADA and every other FW scape competition does not allow marine species.

Regards,
Tom Barr

Weetabix
07/26/2010, 01:49 PM
Hi,
I have been a fan of the ADA planted competition for years:lolspin: and I would like to know if exists something similar for algae tanks (with a nice arrangement of rocks,etc..)
One of the things I love from that competition is when they print the book with all the people who registered his/her tank; their work inspires a lot!

A little (and healthy) competition always makes you work better:bounce1:

(Right now I am preparing my new tank for SW, all algae, no fish, ocenic 57 illuminata trimless)

Please let me know if it exists such a thing in the reefcentral or somewhere else,
Thanks
Ruscalleda

That's funny, I also am going to be getting an Oceanic Illuminata 57g that will be set up as a SW Planted Tank!
I'm def planning on fish though, fish poop makes great plant fertilizer. :)

Weetabix
07/26/2010, 01:51 PM
i would join something like that here...

im sure some others would too, i know that got z envy does this stuff all the time for nano's

I do it for Nano's as well, even Picos.
Got2envy and are tank buddies. :D
Here's my latest FTS of my 4g SW Planted Pico:

http://i177.photobucket.com/albums/w225/Weetabix7/Methodology%20Pico/IMG_5710.jpg

Ruscalleda
08/01/2010, 05:11 PM
Thanks for the answers!
but pity that there is no competition for it...:sad1:
Once I start I am going to show you some photos of it and let's see if you like it!
Thanks
Ruscalleda

scubabum1983
08/14/2010, 04:09 PM
looks better and better since i last saw it wets