PDA

View Full Version : torch coral. help

jenreef
07/21/2010, 05:53 PM
today one head of my torch coral has it's tentacles out but the tentacles are droppy and shrunk. the other head i could see the skeleton and it hardly has any tentacles sticking out. i noticed too on that head there is a redish brown bubble film looking thing on it. i don't know how to explain it. i hope you can see it from the picture. do you think the torch coral still has hope? all my parameters are perfect. i also have a hammer coral that is doing perfect. it's just this coral that is not doing good. i did have it under kind of high flow and i moved it yesterday. in hopes that it will recover but i don't know if there is any hope. i'm also not 100% posititve if it was the flow that was affecting it

jenreef
07/21/2010, 06:13 PM
the head that i could see the skeleton and the tentacles are hardly out. now some of the tentacles have brown tips. and i think i see a tentacle of the torch loose in the tank and the tentacle is black or really dark brown. and the head has a long brown mucus string on it. i really don't think that head is going to make it. what should i do if it dies completely? how can i save the other head if the are both attached together not branched?

jenreef
07/21/2010, 06:26 PM
can it be brown jelly disease?

jenreef
07/21/2010, 08:27 PM
i know now it's brown jelly what should i do? will it affect my other corals?

Friday Night
07/21/2010, 08:43 PM
Yea i cant see the brown... but to much flow is bad it will cut itself on its own skeleton as well as never get a chance to open... try low or med flow and keep and eye on it..

jenreef
07/21/2010, 09:03 PM
Yea i cant see the brown... but to much flow is bad it will cut itself on its own skeleton as well as never get a chance to open... try low or med flow and keep and eye on it..

since last night it has been under medium flow and nothing. it's looking worse and worse as time goes by. still some tentacles out a little. but i have a feeling it's going to die sonner or later. just a matter of time. do you think it can come back. or after is hasbrown jelly there is not going back? does the head have hope? or should i try and frag it

ingtar_shinowa
07/22/2010, 03:53 PM
try to gently syphon the brown jelly off the skelleton and move it to the lowest flow part of the tank. It can spread if you have other LPS that are getting damaged by current.

180+55reef
07/23/2010, 04:45 PM
I cant imagine that flow is the problem, but yes it could spread

Azumi
07/24/2010, 06:54 AM
If your certain it's brown jelly, give it a dip in iodine (just do a search on Lugol's dip) I had brown jelly on my hammer and after a dip it cleared it all up, but best t do it asap as the brown jelly spreads at an incredible rate.