PDA

View Full Version : Another order, continued good service

eengmd
07/23/2010, 12:06 PM
I did one order with Aquarium Specialty. The owner is a jerk. He sent the wrong product and made me return the product and charging me shipping. It is hard to judge a person's character when they are receiving money from you and things are going well. When there is a problem, how that person handles the problem, true character is revealed. Scott's true character showed despite the fact I had printed proof he made a mistake. Anyway, I paid the 10$ for shipping and he lost 4K in orders since. He even suggested that I should pay for the mistake given my profession.

I have had 5 subsequent orders from Aquacave. The Bubble King arrived perfectly well packaged and double boxed. I always get tracking and great advice over the phone often having them encouraging me to buy a cheaper product (BK mini 180 instead of 200). Thanks again. I did have one small problem that was not even their fault, however Aquacave fixed it for me.

Our reef club is close to AqSpec and gets stuff in one day standard UPS. However it is not worth the risk if Scott makes a mistake and he does have quite a nasty temper. Aquacave has my business along with my reef club's.

Thanks again for great service and always being civil if not friendly. You thought that was a given in retail but one place in SC proved that was wrong.

AquariumSpecialty
07/30/2010, 05:30 AM
I have had no discussions about anything like this that I can recall. If we made a mistake shipping something to you (and I don't know who you are) then we will be glad to pay for the shipping to have the product sent back to us or refund you the $10.00. Please contact our office and either explain the situation to me or Kelly. I honestly don't recall any discussion like this. Please note I'm currently on vacation today with family and I won't be back in until Monday.

It is not acceptable for us to ask for anyone to pay for our mistakes nor will it ever be so I don't see how this could have happened but if it did then we will take care of it.

1crazymofo
08/04/2010, 12:30 AM
same here