PDA

View Full Version : Not sure what is going on

jfingers8
07/24/2010, 02:28 PM
I have a 90 gallon dominate sps tank and my Green Wooly and Chips Acro are losing there tips. I've already dipped both of them in Coral Rx also. Before the Chip's Acro was worse than the Green Wooly and now the Green Wooly is worse than the Chips. They also have a little bit of tissue recession on the base but not much at all doesn't get better and doesn't get worse. water para are temp 80 s.g 1.025 alk 9 ca 440 mag 1300 nitrates 0 phos 0 (Elos test kit). Any help i would appreciate it. They are the only 2 corals acting up in my tank and from my understanding they are pretty closely related.

jfingers8
07/24/2010, 02:30 PM
chips acro doesn't look that bad on the tips but def lost the deep purple very pale.

sanababit
07/24/2010, 03:35 PM
any fish that might be picking at it?, any pests (red bugs, AEFW)?, did you have an alk swing?, maybe a crab is picking at it?, maybe to close to a chalice or lps or anothe sps stronger than it?, check for electrcity leaks, did you dose anything new to the tank?, have you added something new to the tank?, maybe the corals dont like their places in the aquarium?...

Sana

DaddyJax
07/25/2010, 11:38 AM
Tips usually can mean alk burn or peram swing. Did they stick out of the water for any amount of time with the lights on? Do you have a pic? Is there a power head pointing at them? Any lps near them?

jfingers8
07/25/2010, 09:14 PM
now when you guys say alk swing how much of a swing are we talking for it to be a swing?