PDA

View Full Version : Do you target feed your goby?

Ston3
07/25/2010, 09:26 AM
I just bought a diagonal bar prawn goby about a week ago. He instantly paired up with my red banded pistol shrimp, who I hadn't seen since I bought it five weeks prior. They have come out a couple times in the last few weeks to burrow around. I still have not seen the goby eat. Should I be focus feeding some mysis shrimp into their usual cave? I normally feed enough dainichi pellets to let a few reach the ground. I've cut back my feeding to once every other day. I think I'm going to increase to once daily. However, is that adequate for my goby? My shrimp survived on it's own for over a month without special care.

Thanks

http://i907.photobucket.com/albums/ac275/w_hsu/97ac1c30.jpg

BloodyWelsh
07/25/2010, 02:25 PM
As long as you dont have other aggressive fish in the tank, they will find their own food. If you are worried, then just target feed them . . .

Reefman29
07/25/2010, 02:30 PM
I target feed my watchman. He doesn't seem to really come out when I feed the rest of the tank.

bigned
07/25/2010, 03:28 PM
I was wondering the same thing about my new yasha goby. I finally found his hideout and shot some mysis near him but he wasnt interested. Hopefully he just needs time to adjust to the tank.

bigned
07/25/2010, 03:29 PM
Oh and I like your new addition!

jedheuer
07/25/2010, 03:39 PM
Absolutely... a must. I have really chill fish but they eat most the food before the goby/pistol get anything. I lost 2 pistols so far and the only thing i can attribute it to is not enough food. Target feeding now and my new pistol is still going strong.

sunil6784
07/25/2010, 04:22 PM
When I feed my corals I put some pieces of mysis at the entrance to their cave.

Ston3
07/25/2010, 04:34 PM
Thanks everyone, I'll try to start target feeding him. The only problem is that I've only seen him for about 5 minutes in the last week and a half. I'm going to try and target the main structure in which I think they live.