PDA

View Full Version : Leather Coral Help!!!

Alysiak00
07/25/2010, 03:38 PM
Just got back from my buddies. He decided to frag a piece of finger leather, i believe, and he tried to affix it to a rock 3 different ways!!! He tried to cram it between two rocks, toothpick and rubber band method, and last but not least superglue it to a rock. So now this poor piece of coral has a hole in it and is super-glued to a rock. you guys think it has a chance? It used to be pink but now its a purple color and looks deflated. :sad2:

gordie72
07/25/2010, 03:59 PM
Patience. It will most likely be fine. you can throw those things against the wall, run over them with a car and chew on them for a while and they usually survive. None of which I recommend, BTW

Scuba_Steve
07/25/2010, 04:04 PM
Tastes like chicken...

Patience. It will most likely be fine. you can throw those things against the wall, run over them with a car and chew on them for a while and they usually survive. None of which I recommend, BTW

NYCBOB
07/25/2010, 04:13 PM
leathers r very tough, except the yellow leather. superglue softies wont work. using a mesh of somekind is the best.

hardimanm
07/25/2010, 07:14 PM
Yeah it will prob be just fine. Give it a few weeks..

I had one that would never stay put. At least 2 different times I saw it being pushed around the tank by the current from the powerheads. Only way I got it to stay put was to place the base in a hole and wedge a rock in there with it and rubberband the rock in place. That was 6 months ago and it is doing fin now

Alysiak00
07/25/2010, 07:34 PM
everything just happened today so as usual it doesn't look swell. i just feel for the poor guy. im just not knowledgeable in leathers thats all. i'll keep you all posted with an update and pictures :) thanks again for all the help

ninjamini
07/25/2010, 07:37 PM
Some use fine fishing line and sew the drag to the rock. Some use bridal veil as a net to hold it in place.

I have placed it in a small holder at the top of the tank with little flow. At the bottom is gravel. When it attaches to the rocks I crazy glue the rocks.

Good luck

Alysiak00
07/25/2010, 07:41 PM
i would have tried that if he didn't already mangle it :(