PDA

View Full Version : Neptune Base Module without Display?

Windy Miller
07/26/2010, 06:01 AM
Some background - I currently own a GHL IIex but I would like to control my Vortechs (and have wanted this for a loooong while). Unfortunately it means an upgrade to III. An expensive one.

As the Apex supports this, and the only other control I need is two 0-10V lines is it possible to run the base unit without the display?

Can I set it all up via ethernet?

As I am in the UK I'd also welcome any contact from vendors who are happy to ship here. This also brings up a third question...

Does the base unit run from AC (240V in the UK) or DC? I'm not bothered about the plug bars etc.

swearint
07/26/2010, 07:18 AM
No, the display is necessary for certain settings that are not available from the web interface. The Apex base unit gets primary 12VDC power from the Aquabus, supplied by the EB8 powerstrip. The powerstrip works off of 120VAC, I don't know if it is offered in a 240VAC version. Secondary power for the base unit can be supplied from a 12VDC power adapter.

Todd

Windy Miller
07/26/2010, 12:42 PM
No, the display is necessary for certain settings that are not available from the web interface. The Apex base unit gets primary 12VDC power from the Aquabus, supplied by the EB8 powerstrip. The powerstrip works off of 120VAC, I don't know if it is offered in a 240VAC version. Secondary power for the base unit can be supplied from a 12VDC power adapter.

Todd

Cheers Todd. Curt from Neptune has contacted me and it seems I can run the controller with a 12V ac adaptor. 220V input is planned for later this year.

Just need to find an international retailer now. Any reading feel free to drop me a message :) There are a few on that well known auction site I will contact but they all seem to be bundling the powerbar.