PDA

View Full Version : NPS coral questions

Fishfreak218
07/27/2010, 03:41 PM
So, is there some sort of book or article on caring for NPS corals or is it all experimental right now? I see a lot more NPS tanks and corals popping up in the hobby all the suddenly and am interested in keeping some but dont really know much
any links on where to start?
-josh

WSI2406
07/27/2010, 05:22 PM
Hello,

Here is a book that Mike(uhuru)suggested on another thread. It is difficult to find right now since it is out of production is Soft Corals and Sea Fans by Katharinia Fabricius and Philip Alderslade. It's is honestly one of the best books I have bought regarding non-photosynthetic corals...plenty of photos of different variants of each coral. AN another http://www.amazon.com/Corals-Indo-Pa...209840&sr=8-10

Yusef

Premiumaq
08/03/2010, 09:49 PM
Though it may not be as helpful for identification, Tyree put out a book that describes how to set up the differing "zones" that varying types of NPS need. The "cryptic zone" model lets you find just the right combination of flow, protection and feeding for just about anything NPS you'd care to try. It can be hard to find, but Dynamic Ecomorphology had all of his books made into data files, and I think they can be had through them.

dvsclownfish1
08/05/2010, 12:15 AM
its about time someone thought of just a nps book it would sure be helpful

Aquabacs
08/05/2010, 07:03 AM
Maybe not strictly a non-photosynthetic corals and husbandry book but possibly a series of articles. First part should be ready in the fall ;) Let you know when it becomes available.

Mike

slapshot
08/08/2010, 05:32 PM
Maybe not strictly a non-photosynthetic corals and husbandry book but possibly a series of articles. First part should be ready in the fall ;) Let you know when it becomes available.

Mike

:bounce3::bounce2::bounce1::bounce3::bounce2::bounce1:

Fishfreak218
08/08/2010, 05:35 PM
Mike

!!!!!!!!!!!!