PDA

View Full Version : Sedra Warranty Issue/ASM G-6 Skimmer

ScottC
07/28/2010, 07:49 AM
I bought my G-6 skimmer on 10-30-08 and it came with 2 Sedra 15000 pumps. Last week one of the impellers gave out when the magnet swelled up.

Luckily for me, I pretty much save every box that my equipment comes in, so I busted out the Sedra packaging, and printed on it plain as day is "Full 2 year warranty" (actual box scan below)

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/SoFlaTurbo/Sedra15000box1.jpg

So I get the contact info for ASM in Cali and talk to them yesterday, and the guy there tells me that there is only a 6 month warranty on the impeller... but to send the entire pump in to them to inspect. I shipped it FedEx so I'll have a tracking number, and I included the original receipt from when it was purchased.

Has any one else had to deal with this issue? It would seem to me that if the box an item came in had printed on it "Full 2 year warranty" that it meant everything that was inside of the box and there shouldn't be an issue replacing any pieces of the item, no?

Chris27
07/28/2010, 08:48 AM
Not to be a downer, but the warranty is probably for the Sedra and stock oem impeller. ASM, as well as many other skimmer manufacturers, installs a pinwheel impeller after the fact to suit their needs. The box you have there is for the standard Sedra water pump, and not the aftermarket accessories (volute, pinwheel, misc. plumbing) that the skimmer manufacturer installs later. Sorry to say, you may just have to suck it up and buy a new impeller, they typically only cost about $45 for that pump.