PDA

View Full Version : MP40w ES wet side chattering

Amphiprion
07/28/2010, 12:02 PM
I've noticed that while I can align the pump to eliminate any and all chattering initially, the unit eventually settles and begins again. This period of time so far has been as short as a couple of hours to over 24 hours, but it does it every time. I've spent a lot of time trying to very carefully align it, but to no avail. I've also disassembled the wet side to clean and and double checked the presence of all necessary parts and whether or not they are seated correctly.

FWIW, the pump was used for a brief amount of time prior to me purchasing it.

Any insight?

EcoTech Service
07/28/2010, 01:20 PM
Contact us using the link below
http://ecotechmarine.com/contact-us/

Jeff

Amphiprion
08/01/2010, 07:30 PM
Well, I decided to just let it chatter for a couple of days, despite the noise driving me up a wall. For whatever reason, that did the trick, since the pump is much quieter now.

TripleT
08/18/2010, 08:03 PM
Well, I decided to just let it chatter for a couple of days, despite the noise driving me up a wall. For whatever reason, that did the trick, since the pump is much quieter now.

How is it behaving now?

I've been running mine for about a day, and I'm having similar issues.

I also noticed that I can get it aligned "perfectly" for one speed, but it will then rattle slightly at other speeds.

And it doesn't matter what speed it is running at when I am aligning things. If I get it aligned and rattle-free at the highest speed, it might rattle near the lowest speed setting. And vice versa.

I'm not terribly concerned at this point, as it is obviously well-built, and I probably haven't hit the alignment sweet spot perfectly yet.

MrSandman
10/13/2010, 01:34 PM
How is it behaving now?

I've been running mine for about a day, and I'm having similar issues.

I also noticed that I can get it aligned "perfectly" for one speed, but it will then rattle slightly at other speeds.

And it doesn't matter what speed it is running at when I am aligning things. If I get it aligned and rattle-free at the highest speed, it might rattle near the lowest speed setting. And vice versa.

I'm not terribly concerned at this point, as it is obviously well-built, and I probably haven't hit the alignment sweet spot perfectly yet.

Have you solved this problem? I'm experiencing the same exact thing and i'm guessing that its either the driveshaft of the bearing and need to know what to replace.

EcoTech Service
10/13/2010, 01:44 PM
Contact us to obtain a replacement driveshaft.
http://ecotechmarine.com/contact-us/

Jeff

TripleT
10/13/2010, 04:30 PM
Have you solved this problem? I'm experiencing the same exact thing and i'm guessing that its either the driveshaft of the bearing and need to know what to replace.

Mine seemed to improve some over the course of a few weeks.

Eurobeaner
10/13/2010, 07:55 PM
mine did the same thing. i ordered the parts and it really cut down on the noise and vibration, but i ultimately had to turn the wetside(in the same location) but spin it to get it to not "knock" at certain speeds.